Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with glossy vinyl color brand

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by striper14, Mar 21, 2011.

1. striper14

striper14 Member

May 23, 2003
    home alone
    Hi, I'm repairing a tailgate on a ute for a panel shop and I'm having trouble matching the colors. When I removed a sample it came off fairly easily so I assumed it was calendered & by the look I thought it was Mactac. However the closest I can get is Avery 91585 Pale Blue. Trouble is this is nowhere near glossy enough & I'm joining up to a large piece of this color on the guards. So my long question is which calendered vinyl is high gloss & has a really pale blue ( i thought it was white at first tho it looks bluer in the photo )
    any help appreciated thank you

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    9347 powder blue?

3. striper14

striper14 Member

May 23, 2003
    home alone
    Thanks for looking Custom...wow , fancy Avery having 2 pale blues ? I only found that on Graphic Art mart color swatch, not on my Spandex one. Still not the right color tho.Not glossy enough. My first choice is looking closer

4. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    No worries!

Not glossy enough? 900 is pretty glossy, no?

Could it have gloss laminate on top?

5. striper14

striper14 Member

May 23, 2003
    home alone
    think i've solved my problem. The fact that it peeled off so easily led me astray. I decided to just order some pale blue & its almost perfect. You are right, its twice as glossy as the color swatch looks & i think being on the tailgate has darkened it slightly. So its just re creating the artwork & we're good to go
    Thanks for your input custom:thankyou: