• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help with icc profiles roland cj 500 converted to eco

schicketanz

hello, let me start off my saying I am a noob. I bought a roland cj 500 that was converted to eco-solvent from the previous owner. I pay monthly for flexiprint. I am using 20/20 color ink(recommended by the previous owner)the issue I am having is that all my prints come out darker then they should. I guess what I am asking for is help on how to make my own profiles. or how I can get profiles for it. also, I realize that I should have bought something else, but at the time I thought I could handle this printer and get it to work properly.

player

Are you able to use VersaWorks? If so there is a place to adjust the colours. You may be able to fiddle with it and get what you need. I am sure Flexi has a similar spot. It allows you to increase or decrease the individual inks. I think if you figure out an adjustment it will work the same on all the prints.

schicketanz

Are you able to use VersaWorks? If so there is a place to adjust the colours. You may be able to fiddle with it and get what you need. I am sure Flexi has a similar spot. It allows you to increase or decrease the individual inks. I think if you figure out an adjustment it will work the same on all the prints.

thank you for your response. I don't believe VW will work with my printer. flexi does have a similar spot but I'm looking for more accurate colors. just at a loss

player

Your printer is an older machine, so you may have to go back to the Roland rip used when it was current and hunt down profiles from there. There must be some people here or online that used to use the same setup.

Flexi is not really superior to other rip solutions, so you could easily export to another rip. That's what we all do with Versaworks.