• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with ink for wood sign

broadway

Have not printed wooden signs in a while and need some help picking out correct ink.
I am looking for some black flat ink to print on wood. I have used Naz DAr 59000 before which is glossy. I need to find some flat black ink out of the can or maybe an additve to make glossy ink dull. Real simple signs, 1 color print, black type only on 1x6 primed pine, interior/exterior use. Any help would be great.
Thanks, Peter

nwg51

Flat Finish

Peter, I don't have the product # in front of me but Naz Dar has a flattening agent in powder form. I'm guessing that you are using an enamel( fast or slow dry) mix the powder with your solvent to make a paste,add about 2/3 volume of ink,thin to print and pull a test print, dry with a air dryer and check the finish. add ink to fit the result you want.

broadway

Thanks for the help. What i found was Nazdar 59000 does come in flat black (59191). You can also flattening paste (55118) to the gloss ink. The product description for 5500 series only mentions paper and card stock, not wood.
Peter