• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Need Help with Mimaki CG 130fx sticker cutting.

cybershafs

Hi Guys , Anyone still using the cg 130fx cutter.

I usually print and cut with my CjV30 -130BS. that seems fine sing the reads every set of registration makes printed before cutting a set.

I recently bought a used jv33 that came with a the cg 130fx cutter. when i output from finecut 8, the cutter only reads the first set on Regmarks and just proceeds to cut without looking for the next set on regmarks. leading to very bad cuts compared to my CJV.

its this typical on of this old cutter or am I missing something?

nlnickolatos

When you are sending the plotting data from Finecut 8 you should be able to select which registration marks it looks for - it sounds like right now it's just set to look for one. Reference the manual (https://mimaki.com/archives/034/201909/D201812-30_CG-FXII_PlusOperationManual_e.pdf) starting at 3-24.

In your machine's MARK DETECT menu, set it to 1pt. At your plotter, use the END button to make it look for a mark, and point it at the first one - it should pop itself into Remote mode. Back to your computer! In FineCut, when you hit the Plot icon, a new screen pops up. There is a tab on the right that says Layout. Orient your page to match what you are cutting, toggle the right cut layer, and then go to the 'Register Mark' tab. Click 'Detect Mark' to specify that it needs to look for the registration marks, and then select the icons for first and following to use the 4 corner mark icons. Specify the number of rows and columns you have, and hit send.

Let me know if that makes sense or if you need any more detail! I know it had me stumped when I was first figuring out operations.

cybershafs

When you are sending the plotting data from Finecut 8 you should be able to select which registration marks it looks for - it sounds like right now it's just set to look for one. Reference the manual (https://mimaki.com/archives/034/201909/D201812-30_CG-FXII_PlusOperationManual_e.pdf) starting at 3-24.

In your machine's MARK DETECT menu, set it to 1pt. At your plotter, use the END button to make it look for a mark, and point it at the first one - it should pop itself into Remote mode. Back to your computer! In FineCut, when you hit the Plot icon, a new screen pops up. There is a tab on the right that says Layout. Orient your page to match what you are cutting, toggle the right cut layer, and then go to the 'Register Mark' tab. Click 'Detect Mark' to specify that it needs to look for the registration marks, and then select the icons for first and following to use the 4 corner mark icons. Specify the number of rows and columns you have, and hit send.

Let me know if that makes sense or if you need any more detail! I know it had me stumped when I was first figuring out operations.

Thanks

You make sense. Iv attached the finecut 8 menu youre talking about. are my setting correct.

Attachments

• CGFX.PNG
    CGFX.PNG
    63.8 KB · Views: 154