• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with Mimaki jv33-130 software/setup

Frank Carey

Hello everyone newbie here looking for advice please!
I have a Mimaki Jv33-130 with rasterlink 5, i purchased this printer used, needed a head and so far all seems successful on that part.
My issue is i cant seem to get the drivers to install on PC, I am running Windows 10 64bit, 3.0 usb. When i try to add the printer in the "printer mangement" section of Rasterlink i get a "W32 error" in Printer management and it says it cannot write the drivers. Also i appear to have the "special firmware". I appear to be getting a usb connection as rasterlink recognizes there is a jv33-130 when i try to add a printer in printer management. Firmware update says i have a version that is unable to be updated.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hello everyone newbie here looking for advice please!
I have a Mimaki Jv33-130 with rasterlink 5, i purchased this printer used, needed a head and so far all seems successful on that part.
My issue is i cant seem to get the drivers to install on PC, I am running Windows 10 64bit, 3.0 usb. When i try to add the printer in the "printer mangement" section of Rasterlink i get a "W32 error" in Printer management and it says it cannot write the drivers. Also i appear to have the "special firmware". I appear to be getting a usb connection as rasterlink recognizes there is a jv33-130 when i try to add a printer in printer management. Firmware update says i have a version that is unable to be updated.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

I'm willing to bet you are a reasonable person and installed the software from the CD that came with the machine. The problem is that the CD version doesn't work! You need to download the latest version from Mimaki and install it that way. Here's the link to the download page.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yeah it's crazy that Mimaki put so many bad CDs out. Make sure to uninstall any other versions before installing the newest one. Good luck!