Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Suggestions Question Software Help New Guy Need help with Mimaki jv33-130 software/setup

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Frank Carey, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Frank Carey

Frank Carey New Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Florida
    Hello everyone newbie here looking for advice please!
    I have a Mimaki Jv33-130 with rasterlink 5, i purchased this printer used, needed a head and so far all seems successful on that part.
    My issue is i cant seem to get the drivers to install on PC, I am running Windows 10 64bit, 3.0 usb. When i try to add the printer in the "printer mangement" section of Rasterlink i get a "W32 error" in Printer management and it says it cannot write the drivers. Also i appear to have the "special firmware". I appear to be getting a usb connection as rasterlink recognizes there is a jv33-130 when i try to add a printer in printer management. Firmware update says i have a version that is unable to be updated.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I'm willing to bet you are a reasonable person and installed the software from the CD that came with the machine. The problem is that the CD version doesn't work! You need to download the latest version from Mimaki and install it that way. Here's the link to the download page.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frank Carey

Frank Carey New Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Florida
    Thanks for the reply! Yes i have been trying to install with the cd that came with it.

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Yeah it's crazy that Mimaki put so many bad CDs out. Make sure to uninstall any other versions before installing the newest one. Good luck!