• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with mutoh falcon outdoor 46" and Flexising 7.6

pitt59

I bought a used Mutoh Falcon Outdoor, replaced the heads, dampers and capping station with aftermarket parts. The printer worked but all the colors were off. I had to replace the heads with Mutoh parts and now I'm back to the printer working but all the colors are off.

A nozzle check looks ok to me. How do I adjust or change the color profiles? Also am I supposed to change the profiles in Flexisign or in Production Manager. Im a total newbie and have spent a lot of money and time trying to get this thing to work. I'm at my wits end.

Red prints Green, the colors are off, Here is a sample of what I have. The top is the nozzle check, under that is an actual print, under that is what its supposed to look like. mutoh print.jpg

any help will be appreciated.

Jackpine

There are some stock profiles in Flexi. I would start with Oracle 3651 for gloss vinyl and go from there. I don't print with Flexi but the profiles are there.

Also, make sure that the ink is in the correct ports. I know sounds silly but I have seen it happen...lol and make sure that you did not cross any of the lines when you put the dampers back in.
I agree with Jackpine, start with the Oracle profile and work from there with it. You might also want to check your settings in Flexi for ICC profiles and such.

pitt59

Also, make sure that the ink is in the correct ports. I know sounds silly but I have seen it happen...lol and make sure that you did not cross any of the lines when you put the dampers back in.
I agree with Jackpine, start with the Oracle profile and work from there with it. You might also want to check your settings in Flexi for ICC profiles and such.

I thought that might be the issue, when I do a nozzle check it seems to print in the correct order as the order of the inks in the back. So I think that is correct. I cant figure it out, ive spent a lot of time and money and am going crazy.

aviationben

i think i see your problem

I have the same machine / software.

My nozzle check is different then yours, and it does NOT match the order of inks in the holder........

From left to right, it should read >>> black, lt. cyan, yellow, magenta, lt magenta, then cyan. and repeat

In the ink tank slots: black, cyan, magenta, yellow, lt cyan, lt magenta.

Also, unless you did it, flexi needs to be set up with the correct rgb settings. There are some great videos over at sign warehouse that will help. (from the file menu, edit, color settings). This will make a huge difference on you colors.

Hope this helps... ben