• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with my mutoh

theflemings4

I have a mutoh falcon outdoor I am on my 3rd print server in about 3 years put on a new seh ps105 print server was working now the green status light just blinks what do i need to do i can't get anything to work and have jobs to do. Please help!!

theflemings4

we emailed seh they sent us the steps I removed the print server from the printer went through the steps plugged it back to the printer turned on printer pushed status button to print out ip address and nothing happens activity light just keeps blinking

signman007

I have a mutoh falcon outdoor I am on my 3rd print server in about 3 years put on a new seh ps105 print server was working now the green status light just blinks what do i need to do i can't get anything to work and have jobs to do. Please help!!

go into the InterCon net tool and see that your printer is connected. If so, highlight it and hit the reconnect (red arrow) in the tool bar.

I had the same problem and still haven't fiqured it out yet. I had jobs to do as well so I hooked up a standard printer cable to it and reset the defaults in the flex software. It's a little slower and pauses a time or two but it allowed me to finish some jobs until I have time to hook up the seh again.

theflemings4

Stoogenc, We finally got in contact with a person from seh just go to seh.de and email the support line we are sending our print server to them they think it was caused by a power surge.

theflemings4

We have emailed mutoh and got no response you would think if they sold these servers with their printers they would be able help you. We spoke with some of the mutoh reps at a show last year and told them we had this problem before and said they would help but never have. We have thought about a new printer and got quotes on mutoh's but may consider other brands if we can't get any help.

randya

If you emailed support@mutoh.com you should have at least gotten a response.
The first line of service is always through your dealer.
Let me apologize if you fell through the cracks, we do have limited resources and occasionally things slip by us.

I think these print servers are well out of warranty, and if they are being damaged by power surges, the advice from Mutoh would be for a surge protector/line conditioner.

Mutoh will assist with out of warranty items, you can always call up, but if it is more than just a quick recommendation, there will be a charge.

theflemings4

I emailed mutoh at that address. The dealer which I purchased the printer from new is not a mutoh dealer anymore but was helpful when they were I have spoken to some other dealers but no one could help. A charge for getting me back going is not an issue so just let me know who to call. I am sending the server back to seh and they are going to replace it because it was only about a month old it has been on a power strip since it was new but the seh tech said get a surge protector with battery back up we recently had someone in our town that threw a large piece of wire into a sub station and shorted everything out so we aren't sure if this might have had something to do with this or not. So thanks for any help you can provide.

theflemings4

Would that type of surge protector be your suggestion and when we get the server back do you recommend us calling in and letting mutoh walk us through the setup also they said we could temporarily hook it up with a serial printer cable but laptops don't have serial ports can we use a usb to serial cable

randya

It has been a while for me, but seems set up is pretty easy.

The hardest part was finding the right area in the SEH software for the IP and subnet mask.

Some info here:
http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/39/

You might want to give that a try before calling in to save some money.

Of course we have a power filter:
http://www.mutoh.com/products/accessories/pd_QCPower.html

You can use the specs from that if you like.

Hopefully, others will chime in about what they are using as well.

I have heard mixed results from usb to parallel adapters, but this was a few years ago, perhaps they are more reliable and consistant now.

Anyone have any experience with these?