• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with my VJ 1204

dsrgraphics

I'm having problems with my mutoh valuejet 1204 again. I recently posted on the forums here an issue with streaking on my prints and was told to clean off any gunk around the printhead. I did that and quite a bit had built up. The issue went away. Now, I'm having another issue when printing red. I did a nozzle check and black has a few missing and cyan has a few but yellow and magenta are fine. I soaked the head several times the way it says to on the signwarehouse website and only a few nozzles cleared up still does it. I thought I would try replacing the dampers as I really don't want to spend $1800 on a new printhead. I attached a picture of what its doing bellow.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 88

RG

Maybe it's just my eyes or my monitor, but I don't see much wrong with this print. If this print is a jpg, then try a similar print that is a vector file. This is probably printed at 720X720. If so, try printing it with a profile that is 1440X720 or 1440X1440. If this helps, then the missing jets are probably your problem.