• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with Printer

Turn2Designs

Canon Image PROGRAF W6200

Can anyone tell me if this can be used to make outdoor stuff with it as in solvent ink? or would this be just a indoor only printer? Thanks i have a opportunity to buy one really cheap but i have to decide by tomorrow if i want it or not and i can't find out this exactly..

Mspec

looks like a lot of stuff from the old BJW9000 ended up on that unit. I used to work on the BJW9k, and it really did produce great output ( after they fixed the magenta ink fade issue ). It had a built in cutter that worked like a charm on paper, but the drive pulleys stripped out after 4 or 5 cuts on Canvas.

Be prepared to fly solo on tech support if this is a discontinued product, they will close the support doors on you soon if they have not already.

Aside from that, the Canon's are pretty modular and simple to service. If you can dig up a service manual for it, and you are good with a torx driver you will be fine. For the price, go for it. Sounds like a fun experiment ( as long as you have a rip that will drive it. )

Turn2Designs

looks like a lot of stuff from the old BJW9000 ended up on that unit. I used to work on the BJW9k, and it really did produce great output ( after they fixed the magenta ink fade issue ). It had a built in cutter that worked like a charm on paper, but the drive pulleys stripped out after 4 or 5 cuts on Canvas.

Be prepared to fly solo on tech support if this is a discontinued product, they will close the support doors on you soon if they have not already.

Aside from that, the Canon's are pretty modular and simple to service. If you can dig up a service manual for it, and you are good with a torx driver you will be fine. For the price, go for it. Sounds like a fun experiment ( as long as you have a rip that will drive it. )

Thanks for all the info. I just sent the guy a email and offered him $75 i got to thinking this could be useful around our Church for things and he just emailed me back and accepted so if i can't get it to work at least it's only $75