• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help with Profiles

Rawls

I'm having a issue with the profile being wildly inaccurate to the screen. There is a blue cast around black and almost all blues print purple. It looks to me it prints everything darker. Even a 10% black looks like 30%.

I know there is going to be a little discrepancy between the two but not this much. Does anybody have any suggestions what are profile settings are the best (but not crazy long on print time). Thanks

Would need more information to be of much help.

What design tool (application programs) are you designing the files in?

What RIP are you using to drive the printer?

Rawls

Sorry about that. I'm Using Flexi 11 to print them but I can design in Photoshop/Illustrator or Flexi and I'm having the same problem.

Sorry about that. I'm Using Flexi 11 to print them but I can design in Photoshop/Illustrator or Flexi and I'm having the same problem.

Setting up a soft proofing configuration correctly involves being able to calibrate and profile your display (screen) and the media that you are printing onto. Once those steps have been performed, it is easy to soft proof. If you don't have the tools needed (colorimeter and spectrophotometer) to do it the right way, the next best thing would be to change some settings in Flexi and Production Manager RIP.

Mark Rugen (GiveMeHelp.com) has a video tutorial on his recommended settings at this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmhyJDOJ_zc&feature=youtu.be

Paul