• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with Roland Cutting decals

LightningFX8

I have placed a decal cut on round stickers My Roland SP 540 V misses the same spot every time. When i zoom in there is not cut mark there.
how do I fix this?:wavingflag:

toomeycustoms

I had a similar problem where it wouldn't quite close the cut at the end. I ended up changing the offset in the cutting menu to .30 instead of 0 and it solved the issue.

strypguy

In versaworks go to edit qeue settings. A or B and go to file format. Set eps margin. mine is at .19 but you can play with that setting if you need to.

John

DRamm76

It may not be just the margin marks, there could be something else going on like a break in the line as well or the file isnt set up properly. To test this, try and draw an actual box around the circle and then send that. That way the margin wont be a factor at all. See if it still misses.

signage

in coreldraw, can the cutline be filled? if not then it is not a closed path...there is a hole in it somewhere...

This is not true, you can fill an open shape, if it was set in the options. See attached screen shot!

Attachments

• open shape filled.jpg
    open shape filled.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 82

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
We get that from time to time. Our only viable solution is to go back to the art, clear the cut, contour again and resave. Naturally checking
cut only and previewing will save the trial.

While we are already in there we recheck the path and click the close path button for good measure. I've run into a small section of path just going away after modifyng something else.

At least it works for us.

Good Luck!

LightningFX8

How to change QUE A B settings in Versa Works

In versaworks go to edit qeue settings. A or B and go to file format. Set eps margin. mine is at .19 but you can play with that setting if you need to.

John
I tried changing the settings but it does not stay am I doing something wrong?

JRSdecals

Its definitely the .eps margin.

Make sure you change it in the Queue A settings. It will not affect the job that is already in your queue. you will need to reload that job in and it will aply the extra margin.

That will fix you.

Jeremy

cajunaviator

The problem is that you are using a PDF file instead of an EPS file. I have encountered the same issue. The eps margin only works with EPS files. I always export as an EPS and have no problems now. All of my files that did not finish the cuts as you describe, I exported them as EPS files and this fixed my problem. Try this and let us know how it works out.

scuba_steve2699

you will need to bring the job into versaworks new after you have adjusted the margin. The margin is applied to the graphic as it is brought into versaworks and cannot be adjusted after that.

rjssigns

Hi guys and gals,

My tech/rep called and said that certain SP540 V's have an issue with contour cutting that cannot be cured within the RIP whether it is Rolands, Onyx, etc.. He called to ask how mine was doing so I told him that I just cut 200 decals that were spot on. He is working on the issue at this time, and it may be something on the board because firmware wipes and re-installs are not helping the issue either. For the record all the obvious stuff has been done: wire tension, encoder strips, zero checks, etc... Maybe an anomaly, but I am just a little concerned for mine.

graywoulf

You might be doing this...

If after you have printed your design(s) and I am presuming that you removed the media for laminating and then returned it to the printer. When you click on that particular job to go into VersaWorks to set the job to "Cut Only", Do not click on "Get Media Width" in the Layout tab before starting your contour cut job. I was doing this at first and it always caused the alignment to be slightly off every time. Another thing I do is to always when setting up the media, I always let the printer find it's own base point before printing. Then when I reload the media after laminating it, I do the same setup method letting the printer find it's own base point so that when I am ready to send the job for contour cutting it will find the registration marks on it's own without me having to setup the first mark manually. But even lately I have had some problems with some jobs that would not cooperate with me for contour cutting under any circumstances. I am waiting for the next tech visit to resolve that issue.
I hope this helps.

Last edited:

SKK

Thanks to sign one
solved the problem in 2 minutes after loading manual from roland for Re-initialsing the limit. i was exhausted because the head was not connecting to the lock, and thinking to spend $175.00 to call technician, but finally done with search on this blog!!!
thanks.
SKhan
Pyaless sign and printers 905-828-6241