• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with roland cx-24 please!

stefaniksigns

Hello,

I was using my Roland CX-24 all morning today with no problems and later I went to cut two boxes and the material must not have been loaded correctly because it slipped away. I saw it happening so I immediately turned the power off to the machine as I have done in the past. When I turned the machine back on and re-loaded the material the cutting head goes all the way over to the left to measure the vinyl and stops it will not come back to the start point. So I use the button to bring it back over to the start point and I then send the job to the machine. The job is not sent correctly and the machine then fails. I have done some further testing and found that when just using the test button on the machine it too will not plot correctly BUT if I move the head over about 3 inches the test button will work from that point all the way over to the far left. Not sure what to do?!?
Thank you very much in advance for any help!
John

S'N'S

Check your software for where the start point is set, I have my GX24 set to start from the left side instead of the right, it may have changed.

stefaniksigns

OldPaint: I did try that and that didn't work, that's what I had first thought. Thank you!

S'N'S How do I check the software of where the start point is set?

stefaniksigns

S'N'S: THANK YOU SO MUCH! I further investigated start points in my manual and it was turned off making my start point on the left hand side of the machine. I have only had the machine for 5 years and I never knew you were able to change the starting point. I guess during the vinyl slip mishap and turning it off it reset some settings. Anyway, thanks again it's fixed and I'm back in business!!!!

John