• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with Roland SC 500

colacho

Hello to everyone,
I always was curious about a wide format printer and plotter, Now I have the opportunity to have my first print and cut machine, It's used but works fine, I bought this machine from a closing Sign shop and it was working and performing perfect, but I did not get the original CD with drivers, just the Roland CutChoice software, I tried looking for this drivers at Roland website and can not find it; My question is do I need the drivers for this machine, is there any other place to find them? 2nd question, My computer don't have a Parallel card, Can I use a USB to Parallel cable instead ? Thank you, I will appreciate any advice, I am new to this full color thing.

CustomRide

They have converters at Best Buy on the USB conversion cable. It originally came with Colorrip 2.0 with an update of 2.2. The driver should be on Roland's website (If not) There is a Roland dealer in Cleveland get on Roland's website get their number and call them for a manual and driver if you can't find them.

If you end up wanting to just sell it let us know we are not far away.