• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help with strange banding problem -vp540

jyl

roland vp540...

First I thought it was ink outage so I changed cartridges but still print same like pictures below.
never had this problem before.
last banner printing was perfect before this one.

all 3 prints came out same.
customer need this 3'x15' banner today so I should just give it for free or something.....

I tried cleaning head, manual cleaning(med), calibration, aligning, put new cartridges,,,, so far....
Does anyone know what to do??

Thank you

(sorry~bad lighting.... banner color is roland spot color RVW-PR19F)

Attachments

• banding.png
    banding.png
    198.5 KB · Views: 119
  • banding3.png
    banding3.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 104

pacgadgets

Printing Issue

Try printing the same file on a different media to see if the problem goes with it. If not, it's the media. Use a different roll.

If the problem happens on a different media, do a test print and make sure all of your nozzles are firing. It looks like your heads are starving for ink.

albert

banding

hello,

im not an expert but i've experienced this type of problem with my Sp540V. try printing with 4 pass with a head speed of not more than 600. it is caused by ink starvation. u can convert your dampers like the ones used on the pro 3's. hope this solves your problem.

albert

I would look at the material, it appears maybe a bad run of banner. Check your profile to see it hasn't changed. What profile are you using to print the banner? What speed are you printing? Possible ink issue or bad damper on cyan. What does the test print look like? Maybe a head crash?? Let us know what you find....