• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with this file.

I have a friend that wants me to make logos for his new business due to me having a plotter. I do very little sign work (use the plotter to cut air brush stencils) and don't know alot about illistrator or even the flexi sign software that I have. Any ways he has given me a .eps file and the lines continue through out the image. I do not no how to brake the wire frame down and remove lines that need not be there. I can email the file to any one that is willing to help or if it is something simple that can be explained that would be awesome. I would like to get this done so that I can get them on his business. I am not charging for this just doing it to help him out. Please let me know what to do.

If you need to see the file let me know an email address and I will send it over.

Josh

Ken

An .eps file may contain both vector AND bitmap data. ( Graduated colors, photos, shadows etc). I recommend you START learning Illy or Corel AND your Flexi software.
Are you able to convert and post the thumbnail image here?
That would be a start.
Cheers!
Ken

Bill Modzel

If there's a gradient fill in the image some applications will "divide" that fill into bands of separate colors which may print well but certainly won't cut. You have to delete them and generate a new fill shape.

Corel will even chop up fonts into halves instead of generating compound fills. This may be an issue of cheap fonts rather than Corel also. I just know that I get these crappy files from Corel users for the most part. These letters will have to be "joined" or welded in your software. In Illy use the Pathfinder pallet to accomplish this. If that doesn't work you may have to zoom in and actually move one of the lines so they overlap and try again.