• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help with transparencies

Signed Out

I'm having a bit of trouble with a file I am trying to print. There is a drop shadow going over some stripes and I am trying to cut as one piece on reflective. When I bring into the rip the contour cut lines are not transfering over correctly, they show up as white lines. (illustrator, versa works, roland xj540) this has happened in the past and I've had to flaten transparencies and/or move the cut line onto its own layer on top. My problem is I can't seem to flatten the shadow without getting weird stuff going on. Any thoughts or ideas to help is much appreciated.

Signed Out

here is what im working on with all my bleeds

Attachments

• photshp.jpg
    photshp.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 79

Signed Out

well i can flatten just the shadow and all looks good but when i save i get the warning that says document contains artwork that requires flattening and when opened in vw the cut lines are replaced by white lines... ive tried flattening the whole thing and just somethings while messing with perserving alpha and overprints... and it seems to mess up the file the shadow starts getting lost in spots and going places its not supposed to go

Signed Out

the drop shadow isn't an effect or its already a vector... i was think about bringing to photoshop but I dont do alot of work in photoshop and i don't wanna loose the quailty of the colors

J Hill Designs

the drop shadow cant be vector...

edit: oh i see. its not like a shadow its a second set of letters opaquing up the bkgd a bit...

Signed Out

haha ever now and then this happens but i can usally figure it out but ive been fight this one since around 10 this morning

rjssigns

Save as PDF and this is important.Use Acrobat 4(1.3)
Click Advanced under options
Where it says Overprint and Transparency Flattener options click on Custom
You'll get a pop-up
Un-check convert all strokes to outlines.

There is a vid on Youtube that explains this in fine detail

Cheers.