• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so before all you guys say I told you so, or you get what you paid for I am well aware of that part. But with lack of a good amount of investment money and the strong urge to get in to the graphic industry, I purchased a brand new R39 Vinyl Express Machine from Signwarehouse via Ebay. Ok, so the people at signwarehouse are about as helpful of people anyone can ever find on these machines. However, I am having SERIOUS issues with the tracking on this machine. The stand that I have has a material tray on it, however it is not equiped with any sort of braking system. The material just kind of free wheels on there and I have noticed it moving side to side. So I contrapted a makeshift clamping system to hold the vinyl in place. However, the vinyl still freewheels on the shaft loosing up the tension on the vinyl. Does anyone have any suggestions besides just sending it back to get a better model?

Any help would be very thankful.

Mike Sosebee

signage

The Admin On Here Do Not Like Double Posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If You Do Not Do This You Are More Likely To Get Assistance!!!!!!!!

webguru

Cut your material to the length you need for the project. Then place it in the cutter. This way you will not have a complete roll spinning out of control.

GARY CULY

i assume you mean the vinyl is "unrolling itself" while your cutting ...i had that problem with halographic stuff before .anyways heres a simple clutch to keep the roller a bit loaded with tension ....go to one end and put a tie wrap loosly around one of the rollers ...get a long spring at the car parts store ..light duty ,nuthing real big ,,,find a place on the plotter to hook it, i had to drill a small hole in one of the legs...just make it a "light tension",,doesnt take bit i little bit ....itll work ..done it on 2 of my plotters and all my buddies too.
please no bashing on the quick sketch with a sharpie here ..just trying to help this cat while watching baseball.

Attachments

• PLOTTER CLUTCH.jpg
    PLOTTER CLUTCH.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 66
What about keeping the vinyl itself from shifting side to side? Also, cutting the vinyl to length may be an issue as well, I do plan to run some longer graphics in time, i.e. trailer, full size cars etc.

GARY CULY

welp, tracking on a lower quality plotter is a problem .and has always been.now not to sound like a smartazz,but alignment when you clamp it down is important ..put er in crooked ,itll track crooked ...and those plotters there arenot real true . if you have any way of adjusting pressure on the wheels ,thats where id start ...to track straight they have to push down even.thats not complicated .[some sort of adjusting screw behind there mayby]
i really hate to see people buy those machines not knowing the problems ...guess thats why people spend 2500-5000 on gerbers .graphtecs and mimakis .
hope someone can help you out .there will be more replies ,so read em all.

Yes, there is 2 screw on each of the pinch rollers with springs runnings to the arm that has the rubber wheel on it. I knew going in to this I should not expect amazing results, but still a machine that is useable that I can learn with. Honestly, I really wanted a Roland or a Graphtec just didn't have the money for one. Thank you all for your help, I really hope I can get this resolved before just jumping ship and sending the machine back to Texas.

signage

One thing to do to get the vinyl aligned in the plotter is to take enought through the plotter then match it up with the roll, then start the plotter. (wrap vinyl back to itself for alignment).

First and foremost, I would like to thank each and every person that lent a hand to help me correct my issue. Secondly, I would like that thank everyone for not bashing the super cheap vinyl plotter I purchased. But, it seems like I have the problem figured out, just gonna take some learning and wasting of a little vinyl until I get 'er all figured out. To correct the roller issues, I actually ended up curing it with the use of a heavy rubber band. I wrapped the rubber band around both bars and it acts kind of like a rubber belt and keeps the rollers rolling at the same speed, really works very well. Second, I just have to get my fine tuning of material installation down. But thank you again to everyone, I really appreciate your helps. Now wish me luck as I adventure off in to some of my first jobs.

Mike Sosebee