• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help!

agfracing

A few months ago I started my small sign shop, Vinyl designs, I have been using the same logo since the start but recently it was pointed out to me that there was a flaw with my logo. The first letteres were capitalized and larger then the rest. People were seeing V....D.... which isnt what im aiming for. Im not a health clinic lol. Its always the hardest to design logos for yourself so i was wondering if you got any crazy ideas just from hearing Vinyl designs.
Im not asking anyone to make me a logo. Just maybe an idea or two.
Thanks!

Jillbeans

Let's see what you were using to begin with.
And no...VD is not a good thing to be seeing first (or ever)
Love....Jill

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
To the average consumer, the word "vinyl" means nothing, and it also places your business name in a "box" for possible product offerings in the future.

JB

agfracing

Hmmm i like what your saying james burke. Im at work an d cant post a picture at the moment. Its so hard to do branding for my own ideas as i try to incorporate all of my own likes into it. Its so much easier when its for someone else and they give me ideas and somewhat of guide lines. As im just starting out i am also considering a complete name change and rebranding. Also. I do screen printing and business cards, brochures, etc. So i see what you mean by it limits product and means nothing.

James Burke

Here's a few quick, yet difficult questions:

1) Do you have a business plan?
2) Do you have adequate training or experience to handle the "business" side of your business?
3) Do you have one or two close mentors to guide you through? (A good mentor will tell what you NEED to hear, not what you WANT to hear)

I jumped into business without all three and it's not the best way to start out.

If you don't have the business plan yet, get that matter nailed down first before settling on a name and logo. By then you should have a little more clarity and inspiration.

JB

agfracing

Im going to be posting the current logo here soon.
Im working on my business plan and i feel it is always going to be a work in progress with how much there is to it and the constant revisions. I have decent training in business as i started out as a business major before switching to graphic design. One of my good buddies that i used top work with is also a very knowledgable business major who is a web designer/graphic designer. He can and will help me with anything i need help with.

Also by business plan, you mean the million page long business model/plan.

agfracing

This logo was never meant to be permanent. It was pointed out that abbreviated it was "VD" which i don't want. As of now im leaning more towards renaming and rebranding as it wouldnt be to hard this early on. Im tossing around better names that also cover other services i offer/will offer. Such as my screen printing, sign making, and design work.
"Printing Plus" doesnt sound to bad but im not sure if people would confuse this for printing like paper printing.

Attachments

• 2rzxbwg.png
    2rzxbwg.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 175
Last edited by a moderator:

Jillbeans

Start over. Lose the Brush Script, which screams newbie.
If using BS for the love of God, weld it.
The sign reads awkwardly. Why is "sign shop" just thrown in there?
Outlines are overpowering.
Love....Jill

James Burke

Also by business plan, you mean the million page long business model/plan.

One page or a million...just so long as it adequately covers what you need: financing, marketing, operations, lead generation, client fulfillment, etc.

JB