• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help!

PMG

A customer sent me a AI.file and it will not open in my software,i can open other AI. files,just not this one,can some try to open it for me,,and or convert it to EPS. Thanks for the Help!!!

PMG

No luck,LOL....Thanks everyone who help,i owe ya all one!!!:beerI sent my client a email telling him to get another file sent to me!!!

Checkers

Did you try renaming the file to "whatever.EPS" and try importing it that way?
My guess is that it's probably a CS2 file and your software can't recognise it or the file is corrupted.

Checkers

Rod

Trouble opening AI file

Pro-Motion Graphix said:
A customer sent me a AI.file and it will not open in my software,i can open other AI. files,just not this one,can some try to open it for me,,and or convert it to EPS. Thanks for the Help!!!

Ian Stewart-Koster said:
If Fred doesn't succeed, I don't know who else might, but I'd be happy to take a try for you too, if you email it downunder!

I agree that Fred knows what to do. However, if still not getting joy, then please send to techwww@cadlink.com ATTN: Rod. I don't mind giving it a try, and I have a variety of tools to play with.

Cheers,

Rod

PMG

Well hes still trying to get the file to me,,but the whole area,but mine is out of power,we got hit hard yeterday,and UE says it will be 3-6 days before it is restored,so i will send you guys the file,,Thanks

Rod

Pro-Motion Graphix said:
Well hes still trying to get the file to me,,but the whole area,but mine is out of power,we got hit hard yeterday,and UE says it will be 3-6 days before it is restored,so i will send you guys the file,,Thanks

Gee, that wait for getting power restored is simply amazing. I will trust that the customer is okay with pushing back the delivery date.

PMG

the customer has no choice,he has no power as well as 100,000 others,so when he can getinto his Pc he will send another file!

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Mike, it certainly won't open as an ai file in CS2. It gives an unrecognised format message. Later I'll try renaming it as a jpg or something basic and seeing what's there, also looking at in hex format- maybe there'll be a properties line of text stating what program created it which will give us some ideas.

No luck so far, sorry!

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
The best I could do was to fine the following info embedded in the file, but I could not open it no matter what I changed the suffix to, sorry !

" q f¼TEXTART3 T-shirts artwork.ai  fŠ eŠ 2 "

The rest was gibberish, ie binary, hex or source code for something, but I'd say the file must have been corrupted, unless it's a Mac file perhaps, and you're trying to open it on a PC, but as an AI file, that shouldn't be an issue.