• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Ideas for a Temporary Cover-Up on an installed wrap

Tek Wrap

Hello!

I have a customer that has some graphics applied to his hovercraft that we did. His hovercraft is going to be filmed on National Geographic, but they need to cover up his current graphics for licensing reasons. Anyone have an idea on what would be best to cover it up temporarily? I don't want to damage the graphic when the cover up is removed.

Thanks!
Corey
Tek Wrap

MikePro

phototex! ...assuming you only have to cover-up blocks of graphics. conforms well to simple curves, but won't wrap complex stuff like wrap vinyl does.
get the opaque version, as their regular stuff is slightly transparent and would reveal watermark of the graphic underneath.

I wouldn't use the bus mark. We tried it and it left a mess. I talked to the people at Flexcon about it. The adhesive is designed to be removable from paint and not vinyl. When we went to remove the temporary graphics, large chunks of the adhesive was left on the wrap. We managed to clean it up but I would find a another solution.

J Hill Designs

I wouldn't use the bus mark. We tried it and it left a mess. I talked to the people at Flexcon about it. The adhesive is designed to be removable from paint and not vinyl. When we went to remove the temporary graphics, large chunks of the adhesive was left on the wrap. We managed to clean it up but I would find a another solution.

well then, +1 phototex unless it needs to conform

the graphics co

I have done second surface cover ups with Avery 1005, it was on the vehicles for about 3 months and came off clean as a whistle.

2B

we have used Orafol 631 for cover jobs and it worked good.

with this being a hovercraft is the filming going to be while on the water while moving?
how well will temp films work with water and wind?