• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Images of Vehicle Wraps or Decal going Bad!

SAR SC

Hey there,

I am trying to create an info graphic about the reason why you should wash your vehicle with vinyl wraps. I haven't had the best luck with finding images that shows that vinyl peeling and or chipping off due to lack of care. I was wondering if you guys can help a sis out and share any photos that does show this! I appreciate all the help I can get!

Thanks much! :)

fresh

i want to note that you can also over-do-it. I had a client whose partial wrap was toast in 2 years. I'd never seen anything like it, and I know we were meticulous on every step because he had something similar happen previously.

turns out he washing his truck multiple times a week with Mother's Car Wash liquid. 4-5 times a week with a strong detergent isn't good either.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most images will have as many different reasons.... if not more for failing. This idea of yours would be a little deceiving in my opinion, based on..... you don't know what caused the other failures and to pin point it down to lack of washing seems a tad 'reaching'.

Just hand out a sheet of paper with all the do's & don'ts of having a wrap or partial wrap on your work..... not others.

Just to add....... our old truck had a wrap on it and it wasn't washed but maybe 3 times in the 5 years it was on. Not a spec of peeling due to lack of washing. Nothing peeled, cracked, curled or lifted in that time. In fact, there was no fading. However, Our trucks remain inside almost year round, when not in use on jobs.​

ams

Most sign shops do not want to take photos of their crappy work or work that has failed on them.