Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Discussion Need Images of Vehicle Wraps or Decal going Bad!

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by SAR SC, Oct 22, 2019.

1. SAR SC

SAR SC New Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Hey there,

I am trying to create an info graphic about the reason why you should wash your vehicle with vinyl wraps. I haven't had the best luck with finding images that shows that vinyl peeling and or chipping off due to lack of care. I was wondering if you guys can help a sis out and share any photos that does show this! I appreciate all the help I can get!

Thanks much! :)

2. MikePatterson

MikePatterson Head bathroom cleaner.

look up wrap police on instagram.

• OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  3. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    i want to note that you can also over-do-it. I had a client whose partial wrap was toast in 2 years. I'd never seen anything like it, and I know we were meticulous on every step because he had something similar happen previously.

turns out he washing his truck multiple times a week with Mother's Car Wash liquid. 4-5 times a week with a strong detergent isn't good either.

4. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Go to any home depot or lowes parking lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Most images will have as many different reasons.... if not more for failing. This idea of yours would be a little deceiving in my opinion, based on..... you don't know what caused the other failures and to pin point it down to lack of washing seems a tad 'reaching'.

Just hand out a sheet of paper with all the do's & don'ts of having a wrap or partial wrap on your work..... not others.

Just to add....... our old truck had a wrap on it and it wasn't washed but maybe 3 times in the 5 years it was on. Not a spec of peeling due to lack of washing. Nothing peeled, cracked, curled or lifted in that time. In fact, there was no fading. However, Our trucks remain inside almost year round, when not in use on jobs.​

6. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Most sign shops do not want to take photos of their crappy work or work that has failed on them.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  7. OADesign

OADesign Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    California
    OMG. Thanks for sharing lol.