• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need immediate help please mimaki jv3-160sp

Airborneltp

So i ran out of magenta and i had to order some right away. instead of wasting ink i put it on a storage setting (nozzle wash) then disconnected so solution would keep the heads clean.... about 4 days later the magenta ink came in, i replaced it, did a cleaning cycle and BAM nothing....

All my colors print on test print fine except for magenta....

I tried to pull from back of the machine by the pumps and i cannot get the ink to come through at all....

I then pulled the dampners and i had ink fill the dampners and it stayed, so no loss of suction there

I thouroughly cleaned the capping station and around the printhead

test prints... nozzle washes.... and still nothing

tried to pull trough the pumps again, nothing....

Then i took the head out , cleaned and checked the manifold for cracks... nothing...

put back together, tried to pull through the back... nothing...

ima at a loss and very nerous... ive had nothing but problems with this machine.

heyskull

I believe the yellow is also on this head.
Can you manualy oull ink through the magenta/yellow head?
Is only yellow coming through?
Seems vey odd that even just a few nozzles of magenta have not come back after only 4 days unused.
Is the cartridge securely pushed in and can you manually with a syringe at the damper pull magenta through?
If this is all ok all I can think is that sadly the magenta has dried and blocked that head and replacement is the only answer.

SC

Airborneltp

Theres only one head for the magenta... I can't believe its dry, not any other head did that during the same cycle....

I guess If I cant find a solution im selling this thing for parts!

It's unlikely that the head would have dried out in only four days, especially with the precautions you took so before you do anything drastic I'd suggest focusing on poor capping or an air leak between damper and head.

You said that when you pulled on the Cap line with a syringe "you got nothing" - just to clarify, did the syringe plunger snap back when you released it or did you simply suck air?

In the first instance this would indicate a clog - likely in the Cap itself. Double check this by pulling with the syringe while the Heads are uncapped. In the second instance, if you pull air and no or little ink then you probably have a poor seal between the Cap and the Head. Examine the alignment between the Cap and the Head - as the plastic of JV3 Capping Stations wear out the Caps can misalign with the Heads. You may be capping partially on the chrome bezel around the Head rather than on the nozzle surface itself.

If you want help feel free to give us a call on 617-903-7024 and I can walk you through some tests.

Airborneltp

Hey thanks a lot for you reply. The syringe does not pull back at all, it just sucks air. I removed the cap on the station and pushed water through it to see if I had cracks in my hose. No cracks no leaks.

So I have no cracks on my manifold, dampners, or hoses. The rubber around the cap is very clean as well as the printhead.

Don't know what else. I guess a bad seal would make sense. But I need a new cap like yesterday if that's the case.