• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Info on the Enduracut 24" Desktop Plotter

Pacific Sign

Hello Everyone!,

I'm in the market for a portable plotter that I can take with me on the road.
Primary use of the plotter will be at sporting events away from my shop.

I've came across the Enduracut 24" Desktop Plotter and from the looks
of it, I think it will be perfect for the job. It has a small footprint. It's only $700. And since It will only be used a few times a year, I do not feel the need to pay double that amount for the Roland.

One question though:

1. The package at Signwarehouse comes with a program called LXi Apprentice Software. Will this software work with Windows Vista? or Windows 7?.

I need to know this because I will be buying a laptop along with the plotter and most laptop's nowaday's come with Vista or Windows 7 OS.

Any other info/reviews/opinons on the Enduracut Plotter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! and Happy Holiday's

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I would go to Dell.com or Newegg.com and signup for their newsletter. I've seen some amazing laptops this week on sale at Newegg for under $400.

907customs

The LXI software is a dumbed down version of Flexi Sign, and the newer versions that they now include work with Vista, and Windows 7 both. One piece of advice would be to get the Enduracut "Plus" model which uses servo motors. Also look into the upgrades for the software, and which features you would like, it may be worth an extra $50 or $100 to get the next level up.

dbenec

+1 get the plus servo model. we've been running ours for 4 years, no problems.

bought a stand from ordway, improved tracking greatly. the stand is for the GCC cutters, which were rebranded for signwarehouse

Rodi

The one huge advantage of the Graphtec Craft Robo Pro is that it has the "ARMS" capability for countour cutting, which you might need.

Jim Doggett

Hello Everyone!,

I'm in the market for a portable plotter that I can take with me on the road.
Primary use of the plotter will be at sporting events away from my shop.

I've came across the Enduracut 24" Desktop Plotter and from the looks
of it, I think it will be perfect for the job. It has a small footprint. It's only $700. And since It will only be used a few times a year, I do not feel the need to pay double that amount for the Roland.

One question though:

1. The package at Signwarehouse comes with a program called LXi Apprentice Software. Will this software work with Windows Vista? or Windows 7?.

I need to know this because I will be buying a laptop along with the plotter and most laptop's nowaday's come with Vista or Windows 7 OS.

Any other info/reviews/opinons on the Enduracut Plotter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! and Happy Holiday's

We've tested FlexiSign/LXi in Vista and 7. All versions 8.6 and above have checked out. And of course, when purchasing now you'll have the latest version. So no problem.

Best Regards,

Jim

Jim Doggett

The LXI software is a dumbed down version of Flexi Sign ...

Feature-selected? :^)

Kidding. But it's not really dumbed-down, per se. Essentially all FlexiSign products are full FlexiSign Pro, on the disc. Then depending on the level, the software key turns on various features. Obviously, with Pro, all features are turned on. With other versions only some features are turned on.

With LXi, we've partnered with SAi and selected features we beleive are best suited to each application. So folks pay for what they need; no more; and certainly no less. We're the world's largest FlexiSIGN dealer. So I think we have a very accurate understanding of what customers need and want. LXi is, we believe, all the right features at a price that's very, very right.

Best Regards,

Jim

Rodi

Feature-selected? :^)

Kidding. But it's not really dumbed-down, per se. Essentially all FlexiSign products are full FlexiSign Pro, on the disc. Then depending on the level, the software key turns on various features. Obviously, with Pro, all features are turned on. With other versions only some features are turned on.

With LXi, we've partnered with SAi and selected features we beleive are best suited to each application. So folks pay for what they need; no more; and certainly no less. We're the world's largest FlexiSIGN dealer. So I think we have a very accurate understanding of what customers need and want. LXi is, we believe, all the right features at a price that's very, very right.

Best Regards,

Jim

Back with SignWarehouse?

Jim Doggett

they are slow, they are loud, and the bundled software sucks.

that is all.

Hi Tony,

In fairness, the stepper motor is a bit noisier. The servo-motor (EnduraCUT Plus) is fast and much quieter. Also, we bundle LXi, which is FlexiSIGN-based and fully upgradable to as powerful a software as you need.

And that's not all :^) It's backed by SignWarehouse ... trusted, value-leading and serving folks 7 days per week.

Best,

Jim