• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need info

whisperbreanna

hi everyone i had a look around liked this forum and its people so i joined. im new to all this bought a roland pnc1000a off ebay and it came with signmate 5.7 but needs pass word and seller dose not have it .my question is what all do i need to get my computer to interface with the cutter and cut graphics

Rhino

So, you bought software that doesn't work/is incomplete?

a) You got ripped off
b) Send it back / Get a refund

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Your software is worthless without a dongle and the password it looks for. So if you don't have a way to get it you will need to shop for different software. In addition, Signmate 5.7 (private label FlexiSign) is about 10 years out of date and will not install on Windows XP or Vista (and possible not on Windows ME or 2000 either). It is a 16 bit application designed for Windows 95 and Windows 98 operating systems.

Your expense from the least expensive solution to the most powerful software solution will range anywhere from a few hundred dollars to around $4,000.

whisperbreanna

mainly looking for sugestions on names of softwear to buy at good price that will run this cutter and let me design and cut lettering and graphics for banners and concession trailers

GK

mainly looking for sugestions on names of softwear to buy at good price that will run this cutter and let me design and cut lettering and graphics for banners and concession trailers

If you have Corel or Illustrator already, there are some pretty affordable plug-ins out there that may do just that for you.

Ken

As Fred mentioned, Corel with the Co-cut add-on should work for that machine.
As I stated, try WinPC Sign, will very likely work for your machine, but wont break the bank account.
Ken

signage

You can cut directly form Corel to Roland plotters, what you need is the windows driver for that model plotter. If you do a search you will find which driver it is. If you use Corel and the windows driver it is not as easy as using a bridge program.

lbumbaca

if you need a plotter program i have lxi 7.5 master which is made by flexi for a good price $350.00 comes with fonts and password usb key so you can run it iam selling it because i now use corel x3 for myroland sp540v