• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need instructions on aligning print head on Falcon Outdoor Printer 46

Vinylhead

I just had to order a new print head for my 2002 Falcon Outdoor Color Printer 46" and I'm trying to find out if their is a manual for this and also how best to align the print head once it's installed.
Thanks,
Terry
signtech@suddenlink.net

Jackpine

There are some good tech information at the Sign Warehouse site. If you bought it from a dealer, call them. If your dealer is out of business (mine is), get a tech manual. The Falcon Jr manual is very helpful but lacks details. It say to do a cleaning before replacing a print head but it should be do a head wash with cleaning cartridges. I have become a huge fan of Gregory. Great service and good prices on materials and inks. They are a national dealer for Mutoh and even sell parts.

Vinylhead

We purchased this printer from Sign Warehouse, but they will not give us tech support on replacing the print head nor aligning it. They say we have to have a technician come to our shop to do the work. We live in a remote area hours away from any tech's and the costs to bring them here on top of parts/labor would be ridiculous.
We got the print head in and it appears to be working ok, but would still like to know if anyone has a tech manual (not the manual which came with the printer which we have and which gives no advice on replacing parts), and also in case we find over the next few days that it's not aligned well, we'd still like any advice.
Thanks!

Derf

I have a manual just for the print head alignment.. PM me your Fax and I will fax it to you.

bullcrew

We purchased this printer from Sign Warehouse, but they will not give us tech support on replacing the print head nor aligning it. They say we have to have a technician come to our shop to do the work. We live in a remote area hours away from any tech's and the costs to bring them here on top of parts/labor would be ridiculous.
We got the print head in and it appears to be working ok, but would still like to know if anyone has a tech manual (not the manual which came with the printer which we have and which gives no advice on replacing parts), and also in case we find over the next few days that it's not aligned well, we'd still like any advice.
Thanks!
replacing the print heads is esy I just swsapped mine out today in a matter of 1 hour (first time) I will say it helps to be mechanically inclined.
Any questions PM me I'll let you know what it entailed, its not hard.

VinylCraft

Wow!! Even at 2 1/2 hours @ $175.00 an hour (GEI Telgraph) I don't think i would ever try and aline mine myself.

Jackpine

Wow!! Even at 2 1/2 hours @ $175.00 an hour (GEI Telgraph) I don't think i would ever try and aline mine myself.
Depends on the travel time charges and how fast the tech can get to you. I waited 2 1/2 weeks then replaced the black head and aligned it to the color and saved $700.00 labor. It is easier then I thought. give it a try.

gleyton

en el manual de mantencion de la falcon aparece detallada la forma de hacer todo lo que deseas... yo tengo el manual y gustoso lo intercambio por el manual de la sherpa 2 o mutoh rj-4100 Maintance manual. In the FalconMaintMan you find the solution in detail, I have it. I need the Agfa sherpa 2 Maintance manual.