• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need labels for frozen meat packages

JoySigns

I'm trying to help out a customer beyond the vehicle graphics and business cards that I've done for them. They need decals that will be applied to packages of frozen meat. Their request is that they are "real sticky" (that must have been an issue in the past). I'm looking at Stouse for the labels but don't know how agressive their adhesive is. Any recommendations?

FabEddie

Hi there,

I have been in the printing business for 35 years and what your customer needs is a special stock. Please, to help them out, make sure they get the correct stock or the labels will fall off. The last time I bought such a stock was a while back and I had to get it from Canada. I am sorry it has been a couple of years and I have moved since that time and don't have the record of where I got it.
Eddie

MikePro

your materials supplier should have an idea of what product of theirs has the most aggresive adhesive possible. Also, Highly recommended that you laminate unless you're UV printing.

Marlene

yes both Gill and Stouse make label that will work in freezers. I did some for ice cream and they worked really great.

pointjockey

Try Lightning Label in CO. They should be able to send you down 20-30 labels so that they can test on their bags/boxes for their frozen food product.
Having been in the manufacturing side of the food industry for too many years I can tell you that the wrong labels can cause you to loose your butt. I learned the hard way with our first launch of frozen tamales back in 2000.
First the adhesive has to be right for the application and second if the labels are not top coated they will basically peel and fall off the product during the freeze/defrost cycle of the freezers.

Don't deal with any label company with food labels that first don't ask you a long list of questions. Questions like, How what temp will the labels be applied? Etc....If they are not asking questions like this then find someone else.

Companies Ive used in the past:

Houston Label-Houston, TX
Lightning Label-Denver, CO
Consolidated Label- Atlanta, GA ask for Sally