• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Mimaki CG-SRIII Cutting Calibration

Antnee

Hi guys, any tips on how to adjust the cutting calibration on Mimaki CG-SRIII?

Currently, my cutter is cutting 1/4" off hortizontally when I do a print and cut.

I have the manual but I don't understand how to do it.

Thank you.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Print a cross-hair with crop marks and then print and cut it. Now go into the menu and find Mark Detect. Enter into that menu and then hit enter a few times until you see X Offset and Y Offset. You can adjust those settings to make the cut more accurate. Just remember that Mimaki does things backwards. So the X is actually up and down and Y is left and right. Also, left is positive and right is negative.

So if you print and cut the cross-hair and the cut is up and to the left of where it should be, you would adjust the X offset and Y offset negatively to move it down and to the right. Rinse and repeat until it's spot on.

Antnee

I'll give it a shot.

And thanks for the dampers I ordered from you!

Print a cross-hair with crop marks and then print and cut it. Now go into the menu and find Mark Detect. Enter into that menu and then hit enter a few times until you see X Offset and Y Offset. You can adjust those settings to make the cut more accurate. Just remember that Mimaki does things backwards. So the X is actually up and down and Y is left and right. Also, left is positive and right is negative.

So if you print and cut the cross-hair and the cut is up and to the left of where it should be, you would adjust the X offset and Y offset negatively to move it down and to the right. Rinse and repeat until it's spot on.

GB2

Old Member
If I may...I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to calibrate a CG130FX, would it be the same? I'm going to take a look and try it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If I may...I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to calibrate a CG130FX, would it be the same? I'm going to take a look and try it.

It's done the exact same way on your machine as well. You can also look into the service manual where there are more involved alignments that dial it in more generally but those are harder to explain.

GB2

Old Member
Yea that manual is written in JapanEnglish so it can be difficult to figure it out sometimes.