• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need my own font

Flame

Alright, I totally forgot how to do this but did it once 4 years ago. Curious..... how do you tweak a font, like, impact, to a custom one? Like with some tweaking, slashes etc? Can you do it in Corel 8?

I like to take a common font and customize it.... just wish I didn't have to do it EVERY time, you know?

Any ideas?

Replicator

You can do it in any program if you convert it to curves,

or you can use a font creation program to modify existing fonts . . .

or you can send me $4 bucks . . . $1 cheaper than GAC !

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You can do it in any program if you convert it to curves,

or you can use a font creation program to modify existing fonts . . .

or you can send me $4 bucks . . . $1 cheaper than GAC !

Damn lowballers!
:smile:

Draw will work to as it exports out to ttf - seems that the later versions dropped the font export option - I don't see it in x3. I still keep v9 around and it works fine.

wayne k
guam usa

cOrKinSA

But I think from what you are saying is once you tweak it you want it to become a font again, right?

Flame

I don't have a manual for 8. I bought it atleast 5 years ago, and all I have left is a copy of the disc, even the original is somehow lost! I'm notoriously bad for losing software/ clipart...

8, still have it though. Will play with some functions. No, I do not want some vector letters, that's easy. I want an actual font I can use for all my applications for certain projects. Making, for instance, compacta with slashes along the top left hand corner, and the bottom right chopped off.

Thanks guys!

Samm

Didn't know 8 had that function, then again, haven't used it for ages. Shall have to load it onto my puter and take a looksie!

Steve C.

First create vectors of all the charactors in your font.
Set up an export page about 10.5"x10.5". Paste charactors in that page one at a time.
align left edge of charactor with left edge of page and bottom to the bottom of page.
Remember that rounded charactors extend a bit above and below the line.
You can set up guide line on you export page by typing a capital A. Use Arial. size it
to 720 pt. Each charactor will be exported one at a time at this size.
Export as ttf.and give the font a name. You will be able to chose the glyph for each
charactor to represent. You will be able to control spacing, but not kerning. It is a long
and tedious process, especially when first learning. Good Luck.

Flame

First create vectors of all the charactors in your font.
Set up an export page about 10.5"x10.5". Paste charactors in that page one at a time.
align left edge of charactor with left edge of page and bottom to the bottom of page.
Remember that rounded charactors extend a bit above and below the line.
You can set up guide line on you export page by typing a capital A. Use Arial. size it
to 720 pt. Each charactor will be exported one at a time at this size.
Export as ttf.and give the font a name. You will be able to chose the glyph for each
charactor to represent. You will be able to control spacing, but not kerning. It is a long
and tedious process, especially when first learning. Good Luck.

Yeah, great. Was hoping it would be easy if I was messing with a current font that had it's kerning and spacing all dialed. But if I have to do it the hard way to make it look good.... I have to do it the hard way. :Big Laugh

Time to crank start up my old Corel 8! :tongue: