Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need name of a part

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by 96XP, Apr 30, 2020.

1. 96XP

96XP Member

Apr 8, 2012
    BC
    Ran into a situation and need to know the name of a part, so will first explain:
    Machine is a Roland Soljet Pro II

There is a ribbon strip which travels back and forth on the gantry attached to the print head.
    With it are two semi-clear glide strips which protect it as it travels - as the ribbon strip is sandwiched in between them.

The printer is a few years old and still prints perfect, though mist has accumulated over the years and gummed up those strips to the point of creating friction, thus they have finally grabbed.
    I stopped the machine when I heard the strange snapping sound - opened it up and did the best I could to wipe them down with cleaning fluid. They look good, but...

They appear slightly out of alignment as a result of the 'event' and I would venture to guess they should be replaced asap. Just don't know what part name they would come up under.

Any help appreciated.

2. Chriswagner92

Chriswagner92 Member

Aug 26, 2013
    nc
    Sounds like you're talking about the encoder strip. Also, clean it with alcohol, not the solvent cleaner

3. 96XP

96XP Member

Apr 8, 2012
    BC
    Not an encoder strip. I think I found the tile: Cable Guides. I'll attach an image I found, yet leads to nowhere.

Attached Files:

4. 96XP

96XP Member

Apr 8, 2012
    BC
    UPDATE
    I sourced a vendor who could get them. Called a 'Flex Cable Guide'.
    Who'd a thunk?