• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need name of a part

96XP

Ran into a situation and need to know the name of a part, so will first explain:
Machine is a Roland Soljet Pro II

There is a ribbon strip which travels back and forth on the gantry attached to the print head.
With it are two semi-clear glide strips which protect it as it travels - as the ribbon strip is sandwiched in between them.

The printer is a few years old and still prints perfect, though mist has accumulated over the years and gummed up those strips to the point of creating friction, thus they have finally grabbed.
I stopped the machine when I heard the strange snapping sound - opened it up and did the best I could to wipe them down with cleaning fluid. They look good, but...

They appear slightly out of alignment as a result of the 'event' and I would venture to guess they should be replaced asap. Just don't know what part name they would come up under.

Any help appreciated.

Chriswagner92

Ran into a situation and need to know the name of a part, so will first explain:
Machine is a Roland Soljet Pro II

There is a ribbon strip which travels back and forth on the gantry attached to the print head.
With it are two semi-clear glide strips which protect it as it travels - as the ribbon strip is sandwiched in between them.

The printer is a few years old and still prints perfect, though mist has accumulated over the years and gummed up those strips to the point of creating friction, thus they have finally grabbed.
I stopped the machine when I heard the strange snapping sound - opened it up and did the best I could to wipe them down with cleaning fluid. They look good, but...

They appear slightly out of alignment as a result of the 'event' and I would venture to guess they should be replaced asap. Just don't know what part name they would come up under.

Any help appreciated.

Sounds like you're talking about the encoder strip. Also, clean it with alcohol, not the solvent cleaner

96XP

Sounds like you're talking about the encoder strip. Also, clean it with alcohol, not the solvent cleaner
Not an encoder strip. I think I found the tile: Cable Guides. I'll attach an image I found, yet leads to nowhere.

Attachments

• Roland cut carriage cable.jpg
    Roland cut carriage cable.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 195

96XP

UPDATE
I sourced a vendor who could get them. Called a 'Flex Cable Guide'.
Who'd a thunk?