• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need new computer

cdiesel

For doing simple vector work, a grand is more than enough. If you're dealing with complex vectors for printing or large raster images, running Outlook, maybe have Sirius playing in the background, and are searching iStock for photos, you'll be bogging down a $1k machine.

Time is money, and waiting on computers is frustrating. Frustration can kill creativity.

WildWestDesigns

For doing simple vector work, a grand is more than enough. If you're dealing with complex vectors for printing or large raster images, running Outlook, maybe have Sirius playing in the background, and are searching iStock for photos, you'll be bogging down a $1k machine.

Time is money, and waiting on computers is frustrating. Frustration can kill creativity.

Running 3 monitors, 28" for main screen for internet, ID, DW, FL, SB, and Wings. 2nd monitor which is a 22" runs entertainment: movies or OTR. 3rd monitor is the 21UX which is mainly Illustrator and Photoshop. Sometimes I'm running 4 or 5 programs at one time while at least listening to something. That'll eat up the resources of most off the shelf computers out there. I would hate to see what it would cost me to get all that I can do with this PC on a MAC.