• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need new suppier in upstate NY!

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
Need new supplier in upstate NY!

My supplier will no longer deliver to my area. I need to find a supplier for 4x8 sheets of aluminum ,corr. plastic and PVC. I am in the northern part of Lake George. I have been using the same supplier since I moved from the Boston area and don't know of any others in this area. I am willing to travel 1-2 hrs. ANY help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My supplier will no longer deliver to my area. I need to find a supplier for 4x8 sheets of aluminum ,corr. plastic and PVC. I am in the northern part of Lake George. I have been using the same supplier since I moved from the Boston area and don't know of any others in this area. I am willing to travel 1-2 hrs. ANY help would be appreciated!

You said you are willing to travel. If you can't find anything, you just might need to eliminate the part that they don't deliver and you'll have to go pick up and probably plan better.

D&Tgraphics

I believe Garston in Rochester delivers up there and also n. Glantz in Buffalo goes out that way I think twice a week.

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
I should clairify that its not that they Won't deliver but can't deliver how I need it delivered. I work from home so a common carrier with an 18 wheeler can't work for me, they can't get up my driveway. I need a smaller box truck that can back up my driveway.
I may end up driving back to Woburn Ma. 4 1/2 hrs. to NESS.

Marlene

check into Hart Supply out of Mass as they deliver here using a box truck which would work for you. also, is there a pack & ship around you that can receive stuff from an 18 wheeler or a local business with a loading dock that you can make a deal with?

Signed Out

We are in Albany. We use hart supply and sometimes J. Freeman. There is a fellers in Albany but they don't carry substrates. There is also a piedmont plastics next door to fellers where you can get substrates but we don't use them very often.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
if you have or build a good relationship with a new vendor..... can't you make arrangements for a drop off site at someone you know and pick it up from them ??

Many years ago, when I first established credit with Glantz, old Charlie Jenkins would come to Reading, stop at his favorite breakfast place and I'd meet him around 6:15 every Wednesday morning, like clockwork. As we got bigger, then he started delivering to our doorstep, but only after he had his breakfast at Big John's. :munchie:

D&Tgraphics

Glantz and Garston have average size box trucks. Shouldn't be an issue. But I do like Gino's idea. Find a local shop, become friendly and have your stuff delivered there. I have a local guy that works from home that has all his materials shipped to my shop and then stops by and picks them up.