Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need one that isn't so cheap...

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Schultz Designs, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Schultz Designs

Schultz Designs Member

Nov 7, 2005
    Looking for some help to track down a similar, but better version of this font... The client likes this but after closer inspection, the serifs are quite wonky. Some sides are sharp points, while the other side of the same serif is blunt. I'm willing to purchase if need be because the price on the job will more than cover the cost of the new font. Keep in mind that the S's (esses?) in the attachment were made by myself to replace a dog of an origional.

P.S. the font name on my computer is called ikarus.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    You could try a squeezed Serpentine with over sized caps. It has the same feel, and is much more attractive even though quite distorted.

Attached Files:

3. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    Squeezed Serpintine is way better than the original......but you didn't hear me say it. :)

4. Steve C.

May 22, 2003
    Funny thing Rick, I was thinking of you when I made that suggestion.:Big Laugh

5. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    I thought I had better swallow a little pride. I can't deny the improvement.....but I still say.........oh, I better not open that can of worms up. We are all getting along.... :)

I would modify the middle of the S's a little bit, they are chunky......sowwy :tongue:

6. Steve C.

May 22, 2003
    I DO agree! The original looks like a squeezed font anyway.

7. Schultz Designs

Schultz Designs Member

Nov 7, 2005
    sweeeeet

Gentlemen... We appear to have a winner.
    thank you very much for your time.

Kevin