• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need opinions on layout

Jillbeans

I like that a lot better but that is one ugly looking arrow.
:)
Much classier than your original.
Love John's rooster icon.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I like this new layout a LOT more. Have you tried "Handmade Treasures" then sub-text "by Michael J", just curious.

Not sure of your history with this customer but we used to present multiple designs to clients. Which resulted in multiple problems. First they wanted to mix them, then they figured they were being overcharged because they only wanted one, and worse of all they picked the wrong one. So just a word of advice on this topic. Show the client only one design and make it the one you like. In this case I like the second one :-D

rjpjr

I like that a lot better...
I like this new layout a LOT more...
I like this better as well.
It reminds me of the Mike Stevens Mastering Layout cover a little bit.

IMHO, "Michael J's", "Homemade Treasures", and the reversed text panel seem to have about the same visual priority. Maybe go dark with the text panel to provide a clearer hierarchy. ??

Attachments

• MasteringLayout.jpg
    MasteringLayout.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 67
  • Michael-J's.jpg
    Michael-J's.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 107

slappy

Thanks everyone :) Glad it's getting better!

And rjpjr.... i see that now! Weird cause i grabbed my book last night to take home to look through it on this sign, but didn't have time after getting home from Zumba (yeah, i do that!)... but now i see the similarity! lol I wasn't trying to go for it, just more primitive/rustic. I was planning to add a tan boarder like that also, but had to get going before i had time to add it. So i posted what i had. (zumba starts at 6 and i gotta get out of here by 5:05 to make it!) My idea wasn't straight line though but another grungy one. But i like the straight like how you showed it.

and Brian, i haven't tried it that way yet...

so, if i go with this darker layout, should i paint/vinyl or digital print? I'm going to be using polymetal. I've painted before, but nothing like this. Tips on what to do?

Last edited: