• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need opinions on Photo Op signs

crny1

Hello all,
I have a client wanting die cut ACM (6mm) photo op boards. The kind where you stick your face through and get your picture taken. We have never done these before so I have a couple questions for those that have done them or have some insight.
What size oval for the face cutout? There are children ones and adult ones. Whats a good happy medium size?
Also, what would be a good height from the ground for the actual faces? I dont want them having to use a step stool or anything. Is there a adult height standard or a childs height standard?
Yes I can google average heights of certain ages to get close. Just curious if anyone had done them and what they used.
Thanks in advance.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We've done these before, I'm not sure about height from the floor - but the standard (adult) face size is 8". When we've done them, we didn't have different sizes for children.

Mr. Signboy

I made one of these a while ago, I tried to find my old file to send you but I'm afraid it was lost with my last laptop...

I used Corex, but mine was only going to be used for one night, I'm not sure ACM is a good substrate due to the possibility of sharp edges contacting someone's face? could be fine but maybe wood with sanded edges would be a better choice long term. I'm 5'11" and I basically made the height to where I had to lean down to get my face in it, that seemed to work well and accommodate shorter people standing and taller people leaning over, sorry I can't remember the measurement. As far as the face hole, I just cut an oval and put my face through it and widened it until it was comfortable.

crny1

The client is insiting on ACM. I will sand the edge to make it less sharp and the client is aware of the risk. Wish you could of found the file, would of been a big help.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Ours were made of Foam core or Ultraboard with easel backs - but placed where they wouldn't be in the way of the person posing with the Standee. And I remember the customer used a box for kids to reach the face.

TammieH

Less sharp? I think I would try to find something to protect more than sanding, car door edging, something along that line
so someone's child does not get scratched or cut.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No way would you one ever use ACM on a project like this, even if the customer insists upon it. If they are that persistent, do the safe thing and reject the job.

We've done lotsa these and while some were on Cor-x, it should be the 10mm stuff so it is rigid and not bendy. Otherwise, gator works well and according to how they're gonna be used, wood is good. Anyone drop an ACM panel and you'll have a whole new set of sharp edges.

As for heights, we made almost all of them the same size. Like mentioned, you just keep a milk container back there. The hole for the face..... ya need to make it to fit a big fat head and a skinny head will just naturally fit in that size opening.