• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need opinions

ssfirme

CAM00261.jpg
Hey guys what do yall think of the logo, it's going on the side of a van, does it look ok or to plain

TimToad

Your prioritization could use a little clarity in terms of what the most important messages are and making the viewers eye read things in the correct order. All of your text blocks are too similar in size, letter size and weight, contrast, etc..

The background imagery is competing with your messages too much and is a bit over the top without really helping the layout that much. I like the light bulb, but the fuzzy stripes everywhere don't do anything for me to improve the overall theme or layout.

The inconsistent kerning on the multiple phone numbers is easily fixable and would make those text blocks read less jumbled.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
What Tim said...

But this looks like it's already done.

This is a layout... what part is a logo?

Cut out everything that is not a logo and see how this would
work on other branding situations

That said, it does not pass the genital test. The bulb looks
a little like a weenie... or like a lil weenie. The execution (vectors)
need some tweaking.

The typefaces you are using are too "sign shop"... meaning, you
need to explore other typestyles.

Never been a big fan of outlines, it mucks up a layout real quick.

Attachments

• CAM00261.jpg
    CAM00261.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 101

TimToad

Did I fail to mention how a little bit of fading or gradients can go a long way, but too much is a layout killer?

Marlene

Your prioritization could use a little clarity in terms of what the most important messages are and making the viewers eye read things in the correct order. All of your text blocks are too similar in size, letter size and weight, contrast, etc..

The background imagery is competing with your messages too much and is a bit over the top without really helping the layout that much. I like the light bulb, but the fuzzy stripes everywhere don't do anything for me to improve the overall theme or layout.

The inconsistent kerning on the multiple phone numbers is easily fixable and would make those text blocks read less jumbled.

all of this plus a condensed letter is OK if you have small area but on the side of a van, you don't. condensed is harder to read as it is squished up. please if you do nothing suggested fix the kerning in the phone numbers. very rarely does just entering numbers or most letters into a keyboard result in proper kerning.