• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Opinions

zgraphics

My son had all weekend to finish his homework but he decided to play the wii day and night. I busted him doing his homework this morning before the bus showed up, but he still turned in the homework.... question? Should he be punished/grounded or not.

zmatalucci

perhaps a talk about time management is in order, as well as monitoring his activities a little closer for the next few weeks. But I wouldn't punish him as he did complete his required work.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Your the parent... so ultimately it's up to you...

did he TELL you his homework was done? Or that he didn't have any? If he did, not only would he be in trouble for not doing what he was told but I have a really BIG problem with lies... I'm the mean mom... you wouldn't want a rep like that now would ya??? Cuz' I'd soooo be enjoying that WII while he jealously looks on...

GypsyGraphics

With no answer yet on with or not he lied, my response is assuming he didn't. Otherwise I'm with BigDawg.

I would make sure I saw the grade on that homework. If your son typically gets B's on his homework and on this one he got a D.... two days no wii. If his completed the work and received an acceptable grade, I wouldn't have an issue. Maybe he knew the level of effort and time it would take and whil cutting it close still managed to get it done.

I have two sons in college and one in high school who still do that... but they get good grade managing their own schedule... so I bite my tongue.

On a similar note, when they were younger they were not allowed to have music on while doing homework. In jr. high they negotiated new rules to allow music as long as they kept their grades up. Turns out, they didn't inherit my difficulty studying in noise environments. Show-offs!

pointjockey

if he turned in his best work, and didn't lie about having it done, no harm done.
I have 4 kids and simply stress the importance of working first, then playing.

Marlene

do you have a home work rule? if so, enforce it. if you have no rule, tell him that there is a new rule. you are the parent so it's up to you to set the rules and enforce them. if you didn't have a rule and he did his home work and passed it in, then why would you punish him as you never made what you expect clear.