• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need part for my L25500, please help!

tylercrum

I am in need of a media jam sensor for my L25500. CH955-67096
HP is backordered until NOVEMBER 19th and I have already been down for a whole month! I have called every place on the first 25 pages of a google search and nobody has one in stock! If anybody out there knows where to get one, or is willing to sell me one I'd REALLY appreciate it!
thank you!

tylercrum

Yeah, i've called them, they don't have any parts in stock, they just have hp dropship for them. That's what all of the hp parts resellers are telling me.

Bly

Ahh this reminds me.
I started in digital print with a CP3000 and pretty much opened a shop based on it. A part failed - belt or drive motor (?) and they told me the same thing.
The part was made in Spain and they wouldn't have any available for 3 months.
Oh the noise I made and the chain of command I went through with my complaints. NOBODY gave a ****.
I threatened all sorts of evil things to anyone who'd listen - even their ad agency who were still sending me marketing spam.
Finally I got the attention of the local head of large format who arranged a loaner machine for me till the part came.
I met someone years later who worked for HP and they remembered me. Said I was in one of their training manuals on how to deal with difficult customers or some arse.
HP are great at R&D and marketing. Product support at times, not so much.
I'd hoped they had got their act together since those days.

Sorry you're in this spot Tyler.
Hope somebody can help you out.

Bly

I guess the lesson is if you are relying on one of these for your only printer buy two. Because if HP don't have the part nobody does.
This segment of their business is miniscule so good luck finding anyone who cares about your problem.

Jack Knight1979

I've been thinking about moving to latex machines, but after a quick review of the replacement parts on these machines, I'm hesitant.

300 bucks for a sensor? 600-800 for other basic replacement parts. yikes.

Typestries

I'd argue you should jumper it out and get back to printing. But that's just me.

FWIW, Agfa is no better. 9-12 weeks for a bearing block. A know wear part. yikes.

Bly

I still have two Rolands.
Rock solid, simple, reliable machines with great print quality.

I like the latex too, I just wouldn't trust HP enough to have one for an only machine.