Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Price For Stencil

Discussion in 'CNC Routing & Laser Cutting' started by NEW EARTH PRINTING, Jun 9, 2005.

1. NEW EARTH PRINTING

NEW EARTH PRINTING Member

Nov 16, 2004
    I Need A Cut Out Of An 18" Fire Hydrant To Use As Stencil For Painting On The Street. It Has To Be At Least 1/8" Material (possibally Polycarbonite). Is Anyone Interested In Doing This.
    Thanks,
    Derrick

Tags:
  2. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
    Derrick,
    I have made stencils out of 1/8" Dibond. Do you think this would work?

3. NEW EARTH PRINTING

Nov 16, 2004
    I'm Not Exactly Sure What That Materal Is. How Durable Is It? Will It Break If It Is Handled Roughly? The Final User Of This Item Will Be Firemen And They Can Be Pretty Rough On Materials.
    Derrick

4. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Billings, MT
    Hi Derrick,
    We use a product called POLY-SCRIBE from NUDO mfg. http://www.nudo.com/nudosign/Poly-Scribe/Poly-Scribe.htm
    It is a 1/8" polyethylene type of product that is very tough and durable. If you are unable to find a local shop to help you out with this project, we can produce and box this stencil from your eps file for $66.50.
    Regards, Pat

5. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
  6. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

what are people doin...ITS ONLY A STENCIL!!! CORO, CARDBOARD, PIECE OF 1/4" PLYWOOD!!!! cheap stuff....make 2 or 3.....if you need for a long period of time!!!
    i used to do a stock car for this one guy.....#67 and the numbers were not a font, i think the original painter frehanded these.
    the guy liked them so well he mad card board copies....and when i lettered his cars...he dug out these old floppy pieces of card board.....he was happy i was happy..

7. NEW EARTH PRINTING

Nov 16, 2004
    i found someone to do them for me on 1/16" polycarbonite for $25 each. this is exactly what i was looking for. thanks for everyones help.
    derrick