• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need printed window perf for interior of window

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
Does anybody do the print, flood white, flood black on clear cast perf? I think that sounds much easier to apply than using double sided laminate, but I haven't used either (just regular perf).
I did look at Panofilm and Magic Vue (I'm latex so couldn't print regardless) but I need the longest-term solution possible.

If anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears!!

Last edited:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Does anybody do the print, flood white, flood black on clear cast perf? I think that sounds much easier to apply than using double sided laminate, but I haven't used either (just regular perf).
I did look at Panofilm and Magic Vue (I'm latex so couldn't print regardless) but I need the longest-term solution possible.

If anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears!!

Using non-adhesive film and laminating with double sided is just like printing perf and laminating it. Doing the flood coat way is expensive to use all that white ink. Using film will act like CAST vinyl as neither will shrink like a standard material.

Reveal1

You are doing this on inside of non-tinted windows, correct? We have a storefront Panofilm project that looks good as new 6 years later. Doing a 106 ft X10ft project right now. Print latex, light coat of aerosal (doesn't fill holes) Clearstar UV for additional UV protection. Double side tape permanent on print side, removable on glass side (Pano brand) top and bottom. So simple to install, it hangs flat so looks like adhered w/ adhesive.

bannertime

light coat of aerosal (doesn't fill holes) Clearstar UV for additional UV protection.

I've tried this before and hated it, but it was also on an exterior window application and I did a thicker coat like I would have on any regular SAV. I'd definitely suggest a practice round first.

Also BigfishDM does or did sell a Perm/Rem optically clear tape. It looked good, but we couldn't ever get it to last longer than a few weeks. Could be user error.

Reveal1

I've tried this before and hated it, but it was also on an exterior window application and I did a thicker coat like I would have on any regular SAV. I'd definitely suggest a practice round first.

Also BigfishDM does or did sell a Perm/Rem optically clear tape. It looked good, but we couldn't ever get it to last longer than a few weeks. Could be user error.

Hmm, I'll watch the tape - I've always used the Pano branded tape and no problem but things/suppliers change.

Yes, you have to be careful with aerosal clearstar. But I've been using for years now, even going so far as mounting a test (exterior perf) panel in my south facing window and the sprayed panel outlasted the non-sprayed by about 2 years (4 vs. 2 yr) beyond normal life for exterior perf. here in our part of midwest. We spray two light coats about 6" distance in opposite directions. Not a fan of film laminate as it seems to crack and delaminate over time and most exterior windows will only be there 1-2 years. Always edge tape exterior. Getting old perf removed is darn near impossible though. For what it's worth, I'm guessing we do way more perf than a typical shop our size at least in our area. Like the profit $$

jtiii

Using non-adhesive film and laminating with double sided is just like printing perf and laminating it
Except for applying perf with lam on top is super easy while the other way is applying a solid clear sheet with the perf on top, I mean if it was frost I'd float it but this sounds like something I wouldn't want to apply wet...

jtiii

You are doing this on inside of non-tinted windows, correct? We have a storefront Panofilm project that looks good as new 6 years later ... So simple to install, it hangs flat so looks like adhered w/ adhesive.
Thanks, that's good to know! I was worried about sagging over time but sounds like it's not an issue? Also I'm doing the top three windows in the supplied pic. Do you see any issue with the curved tops?

Attachments

• VM windows.jpg
    VM windows.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 105

kalvix

I have clear window perf that we can second surface print with white and black for inside window perforated graphics. It has clear adhesive and is designed for this application. PM me and i'll provide the details.