• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Profile for: SOL/MATTE13BAN38/120

Suz

Hi Guys!

I have a roll of banner material, not having much luck getting it to print correctly. Have had issues like ink not totally drying, banding, spotty look in the solid color areas.

Anybody have a good profile for this material for the HPL25500?

SOL/MATTE13BAN38/120 13oz Matte Banner Printable One Side 38"x120'

Thanks for your help!

Suz

Yay, you are there! Thanks Colorado!
Onyx Postershop 10.1

Strange, banding is just where the print starts for about a foot or so, then the color shifts to lighter, but not as much banding. Also, colors not very saturated. Very dull looking.

I did not find the brand of media I am using, so I guess I can just experiment. If somebody knows what works best, please chime in. Thanks so much!

I know it is a learning process, I just hate to waste materials.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• banding latex.jpg
    banding latex.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Tim Aucoin

Hey Sue,
I use the HP Scrim Outdoor banner profile to print all my banners and it seems to work well. You're right though, it is a learning curve! Don't get discouraged or frustrated, it will fall into place!

Suz

Okay Tim, I'm really glad you are following this, tried to call you today. But I imagine you are busier than a herd of turtles, just like me! Thanks for the profile. Tim, any idea why the wavey banding thing is happening? It's not part of my design. Should be solid.

HulkSmash

Okay Tim, I'm really glad you are following this, tried to call you today. But I imagine you are busier than a herd of turtles, just like me! Thanks for the profile. Tim, any idea why the wavey banding thing is happening? It's not part of my design. Should be solid.

Never seen that before. If its not drying that could cause the waving.. make sure your cure temp is like 105 celc.

Suz

Never seen that before. If its not drying that could cause the waving.. make sure your cure temp is like 105 celc.

Colorado, thanks for the comment. Glad you think it's weird, I do! What is even weirder is that the very first print this morning did not have that wavy thing in it. However, there were other issues, like print did not totally dry in the leading edge, right corner facing machine. I could rub my finger over it and smear the ink right off. It was wet to the touch, but then the rest of the banner was dry. Also, blotchy and finger prints. I figure that we should have cut the first 4 feet off the roll, it was just contaminated and picked up everything from handling, rendering the print fugly. You know?

I was wondering, will this ink eventually dry, or will it always be wet if it does not cure during printing? This was a 16 foot banner, but I printed about 3x that in material to get an acceptable print. Took all day. Chalk it up to training. Maybe I can use the scrap for something crafty. This banner is for my Sis, and yes I did get the wavy thing in the first couple inches of the print, but that'll work. She will just think it is a cool design thing I did. You can get away with alot when they think you are being artistic! ;) Afterall, I have a license!