• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need recommendation for wall covering media

artbot

i've got a wall covering/acrylic overlay project. i won't be doing the install but i am doing the printing.

what might be suggested for a nice sophisticated (wallpaper texture) media for such a project? (going in a high end retirement facility).

thanks signs101ers in advance!

aa

Attachments

• dancing_spring_colors.jpg
    dancing_spring_colors.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 99

Vinylman

My material of choice would be Phototex®.
Make sure you get the one that is compatible with your ink.
They make material for both aqueous, and solvent.

LarryB

Korographics prints well on the Roland. I've used abaco beach which has a pretty smooth surface. Installs just like regular wallpaper.

Sticky Signs

Wallscapes or dreamscapes. not sure what it's called for sure but they're nice and you install just like wallpaper.
Phototex would be another option although it's somewhat transparent.
Rite Media has a new product called mural tex. I have a sample of it it's very nice. I haven't had a chance to print on it yet but it's pretty much like photo tex but less transparent and it's a brighter white. As long as it prints nice, I think the mural tex will be my wallcovering media of choice. Plus you can contour cut it.

artbot

thanks for all the references! i think the wallscape stuff looks like what i'm going for. they seem to have many "artsy" textures. the website was odd. seems any wallpaper texture they print on, they also have an "x-digital" (unprinted/finished) version of it? i'll call tomorrow to see.

thanks again!

aa

MikePro

i've done a few materials/textures on wallpaper projects, but my personal favorite is UltraFlex Wallscapes wallcovering material... Suede, in particular.