• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need recommendations for POS best point of sale system

Signturesigns

I am currently managing my orders in PayPal which is a total disaster when trying to keep records of customer information and records, sales, and inventory can someone recommend a good software that will allow me to manage my sign and screen printig business from?

IV

We use Quickbooks Premier hosted through Rightworks Network. It tracks customers, estimates, sales orders, invoices, inventory, etc. We have been pleased with it and several youtube videos out there to help you out when you get in a pinch with Quickbooks since many use it. Hope this helps!

unclebun

We use Quickbooks Pro. I doubt you need a true POS system unless you are running a lot higher transaction volume than the average sign shop. Quickbooks Pro desktop version, to be more specific, is what we use. I do not have any need for cloud versions of such important software. I prefer to maintain my own computer and backup for accounting. And we have no need for mobile accounting/sales on a phone or tablet because we work from a building.

Reveal1

We've looked at all sorts of order systems and most are unnecessarily complex for our 4 person shop. Best of them was Casper which is available as web-based or hosted locally. We use Quickbooks Pro (subscription) desktop for Invoicing/accounting and payroll and Outlook tasks (color code categories for quote/pending/order/production/install/invoice etc.synched with Companionlink on three networked pcs) for scheduling/tracking orders. Works fine for now as we do fewer/ larger projects than our competition and not a lot of smaller transactions which would require something more designed to handle a lot of individual transactions. You could also use tasks via office 365 subscription for a web-based work-around.

kalcopy

We use QB Point of Sale for our POS system, but we also do some retail sales and are a print/copy shop. Then the data is dumped to QB Desktop for our bookkeeper to handle all the invoice and such.

bannertime

We're currently trying out Authorize.net mPOS on a tablet for our counter. Doesn't track inventory but you can add standard products and services. It can be automated to update Quickbooks, but we do it manually. It's "free" if you have an Authorize.net account which we have through our merchant service provider. We get the money next day, which is convenient.

Signturesigns

We've looked at all sorts of order systems and most are unnecessarily complex for our 4 person shop. Best of them was Casper which is available as web-based or hosted locally. We use Quickbooks Pro (subscription) desktop for Invoicing/accounting and payroll and Outlook tasks (color code categories for quote/pending/order/production/install/invoice etc.synched with Companionlink on three networked pcs) for scheduling/tracking orders. Works fine for now as we do fewer/ larger projects than our competition and not a lot of smaller transactions which would require something more designed to handle a lot of individual transactions. You could also use tasks via office 365 subscription for a web-based work-around.
thank you, checking them out!

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Quickbooks until your accounting staff recommends something different, at which time you won't care as long as the job gets done.