Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need recommendations for POS best point of sale system

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by Signturesigns, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Signturesigns

Signturesigns Member

Apr 27, 2018
    New York
    I am currently managing my orders in PayPal which is a total disaster when trying to keep records of customer information and records, sales, and inventory can someone recommend a good software that will allow me to manage my sign and screen printig business from?

Tags:
  2. IV

IV Member

Jul 21, 2011
    We use Quickbooks Premier hosted through Rightworks Network. It tracks customers, estimates, sales orders, invoices, inventory, etc. We have been pleased with it and several youtube videos out there to help you out when you get in a pinch with Quickbooks since many use it. Hope this helps!

3. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

We use Quickbooks Pro. I doubt you need a true POS system unless you are running a lot higher transaction volume than the average sign shop. Quickbooks Pro desktop version, to be more specific, is what we use. I do not have any need for cloud versions of such important software. I prefer to maintain my own computer and backup for accounting. And we have no need for mobile accounting/sales on a phone or tablet because we work from a building.

4. Reveal1

Reveal1 Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    We've looked at all sorts of order systems and most are unnecessarily complex for our 4 person shop. Best of them was Casper which is available as web-based or hosted locally. We use Quickbooks Pro (subscription) desktop for Invoicing/accounting and payroll and Outlook tasks (color code categories for quote/pending/order/production/install/invoice etc.synched with Companionlink on three networked pcs) for scheduling/tracking orders. Works fine for now as we do fewer/ larger projects than our competition and not a lot of smaller transactions which would require something more designed to handle a lot of individual transactions. You could also use tasks via office 365 subscription for a web-based work-around.

5. kalcopy

kalcopy New Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Montana
    We use QB Point of Sale for our POS system, but we also do some retail sales and are a print/copy shop. Then the data is dumped to QB Desktop for our bookkeeper to handle all the invoice and such.

6. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    We're currently trying out Authorize.net mPOS on a tablet for our counter. Doesn't track inventory but you can add standard products and services. It can be automated to update Quickbooks, but we do it manually. It's "free" if you have an Authorize.net account which we have through our merchant service provider. We get the money next day, which is convenient.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KaranGrewal

KaranGrewal Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Edmonton, Alberta
    try out shopvox.

8. Signturesigns

Signturesigns Member

Apr 27, 2018
    New York
    thank you, checking them out!

9. Kacy Carlsen

Kacy Carlsen Mark Your Territory!

Sep 12, 2018
    Redlands, CA
    ShopVox/AuthorizeNet/PayPal/Quickbooks

10. kcollinsdesign

kcollinsdesign Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Normal, Illinois
    Quickbooks until your accounting staff recommends something different, at which time you won't care as long as the job gets done.

11. Brandon708

Brandon708 Very Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Orland Park, IL
    We use Cyrious for our POS