• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need replacement printer feedback

MGB_LE

ABCO is researching a replacement for one of our wide format printers that is no longer operational nor feasible to repair.

Our EFI H1625 LED UV hybrid roll/rigid printer is 1.65m/65" wide with CMYK plus two white channels, printing onto substrates up to 50mm/2" thick.

Pros: Print quality, varied substrate options, color stability, white ink

Cons: Service costs, long daily startup maintenance, relatively slow print speed

In a replacement printer, we need either a true flatbed or a hybrid that handles rigid substrates well. We are printing foam boards, aluminum composite boards, second surface prints onto acrylic sheets, corrugated plastic as well as bond paper rolls, adhesive vinyl and pop-up banners. We will do the occasional wall wrap or mural as well.

All input is welcome. Is there anything in the marketplace or upcoming that we should be sure to checkl out? Which equipment are you using to produce your wide format work, that you would recommend?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'll just let you know the HP R1000 exists. Other than that you know better what you really need and how much of each you are actually printing.
The speed matters as well, what are you looking for? And should it be capable to print roll also if it's flatbed?

MGB_LE

The R1000 is definitely on the short list. We flew to Atlanta to demo the R2000 before the 1000 was announced. We ended up keeping the EFI at the time and buying an HP Latex 570 to complement it. It's been near flawless. It's limited by the lack of white ink, which the R1000 does have. The hybrid roll/rigid is useful, but not a requirement. We print mostly roll material, but again the Latex 570 handles most of that, and much quicker than the EFI ever did.

parrott

Add Digitech to your list. Speed, quality, adhesion and service are unmatchable. Been running ours almost a year now and couldn’t be happier. We run the same materials mentioned flawlessly.

Just ran 150k square foot job in under 3 weeks and it was a breeze. At 3200 square feet an hour you can turn serious volume and slow it down for any museum work you may need.

All of their machines and products are made in America if that matters at all. So many claim “made in America” but it is simply assembled in the states with Chinese parts.

Go see the machines in person. Only you can judge the speed and quality you need. We landed at Digitech based on speed, quality and adhesion. Added bonus is no service requirement is ever needed. That saves roughly 40k a year.

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
YOU should take the time to look at Us TruFire by Digitech, Your post is really all about what we bring to the table.... Plenty of references right there in Dallas, were a Texas Manufacturer right in in your Back yard (Actual Manufacturer not import rebranding.) I am available anytime.

MGB_LE

YOU should take the time to look at Us TruFire by Digitech, Your post is really all about what we bring to the table.... Plenty of references right there in Dallas, were a Texas Manufacturer right in in your Back yard (Actual Manufacturer not import rebranding.) I am available anytime.
Hi Troy, thanks for weighing in. I'd not heard of Digitech before, but I saw really good feedback once my research started. I was updating our VP of Manufacturing when he told me he'd had a VM from you. I'm ready to start in person demos later this week, and Digitech is on my list. I'll contact you tomorrow.

we have a Digitech Trufire LT/X2 for about a month and the printer is very reliable and extremely fast there is no other printer in the market that offer what this printer is capable, you will have space to grow quality and adhesion is excelent they also have a reliable customer service, make sure you get a demo and compare before make any purchase you will surprise about this printer 100% sure