• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need SC500 Service Manual - at wits end

busterhenry

I have found myself backed into a corner. My printer has had the majority of the internal parts and heads replaced recently by a Roland Rep. I have ColorChoice 4.5 and have red sticking out of the bottom of my image and blue out the top. When I do not allow color correction the colors are solid non shifted (red and blue don't show separately) but are not the correct color. I do not believe the heads are misaligned but am not receiving any assistance from Roland and they tell me that they no longer service ColorChoice. I have posted this info in several different fashions trying to solve this through the regular channels. What I really need is the sc500 service manual so I can fix this myself. I have heard of a "contributing members" area in these forums that is supposed to have things like this but cannot find it. Please beyond all pleases could someone direct me to a copy of the sc500 service manual (not the users manual). I have tried the rep and the online and phone support and am at a dead end. They just want to charge again for another visit when the original problem is obviously not fixed after they leave.

Attachments

• noncorrected vs corrected.bmp
    844.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

stinky12

Download SC-500 service manual & service mode routine

Try this link - (ask and you shall receive!)

-click here-

One more thing is you'll have to get into service mode to access the menu's for most of the service operations which involves this sequence of button presses while the panel is in the off mode (back of printer button on)
"S" (top arrow, lft arrow, rt arrow, bottom arrow) - press individually
"V" (lft arrow, bottom arrow, right arrow) - press individually
after that while hold the "V" buttons all at the same time and press the pwr button. -
and vioala!.... you'll get the service menu.
"S V" stands for SerVice and works with the most current version of Rolands printer driver.
You might have to try it a couple of times to get it right, I have it down now but it took a few tries
to get it right.

Last edited:

Dave L.

The manual head alignment may not have been done properly. This could cause your colors to not lines up in the feed direction. You can tell by going into service menu and doing a vertical test in the head alignment.

busterhenry

Seriously you are the coolest person on the planet. I have received several responses to my different posts and am very impressed with how this group helps each other.

Thank you Stinky12, and thank you Dave L., also ongoing thanks to ColorDude who has responded to several of my posts prior to this one.

Last edited:

busterhenry

Again you are spot on. I did the vertical alignment test and the horizontal and had to adjust both. The one that seems to be seriously off is the bias print test which has the same shifting colors as my prints. I will go through the service manual to see how to adjust for this. My homework seems to be to read the manual. I will post my results.

Dave L.

To adjust the horizontal and verticle tests is a mechanical remedy. There are three screws on each head that have to be loosened. Definately call your Roland rep and have them come out and do it properly....for free

Color Dude

If you have the service manual..you need to follow the head aligment procedure all the way through. There are 4 different adjustments that need to be completed. If you do all 4 your heads will be aligned perfectly. The service manual tells you exactly what to look for.

Give us a update...

busterhenry

Absolute perfection

Yet again I am very impressed. I have done the tests and the adjustments that you have suggested (mostly mechanical) and it prints perfectly. I still have to find a better rip software but my photos look great and my solid colors have no stray edges.

I do appreciate the advice about the Roland Rep as some people do not realize what service comes with their machines. Sadly mine is not free as the machine is far out of warranty, even on the new heads. The heads were put in and then the machine was parked (long enough to go out of warranty).

This issue is solved.

lodcomm

Need SC500/CJ500 Service Manual

Hello Folks,

I am the proud new owner of a SC-500. The printer is in good working condition, and I have the owners manual. Can one of you kind folks provide me a link or a reference to the Roland Service manual everyone is referring to. All of the links I have tried in the older posts are no longer valid.

Thanks in advance!

-todd