• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need solution for annoying little feature of SignVox

armandolo

We have been using signvox in parallel with another invoicing software for some time in hopes we can move to signvox completely for estimating and invoicing. but due to some lacking features, I started to consider other software.

1) I cant effectively quote for jobs that have multiple 10/20 signs. I quote lot of diferent ADA signs, NFPA signs and the list for one client can jave upwards of 20 signs easily. When this gets converted to a job, the asignments are for each line item and populated with the defaults. What if I want to assign the whole thing to my production guy no 2? I have to go and item by item make changes. Just this fact has prevented me for taking Signvox seriously and I have been trying to use it for close to a year now.

So the question here is if others have a situation like this and what is the solution. I dont want to sit all day and change tasks and assign work item by item which introduces alot more chaces for slips and errors.

2) Quickbooks integration has been a pain in the B__t. Is there an easier way? Maybe download/upload invoices?

3) Installation under the item is taxed and i cant change it even if i click it as not taxed it always charges a tax. seems like a bug.

Anyways, I would appreciate any input.

Desert_Signs

We have been using signvox in parallel with another invoicing software for some time in hopes we can move to signvox completely for estimating and invoicing. but due to some lacking features, I started to consider other software.

1) I cant effectively quote for jobs that have multiple 10/20 signs. I quote lot of diferent ADA signs, NFPA signs and the list for one client can jave upwards of 20 signs easily. When this gets converted to a job, the asignments are for each line item and populated with the defaults. What if I want to assign the whole thing to my production guy no 2? I have to go and item by item make changes. Just this fact has prevented me for taking Signvox seriously and I have been trying to use it for close to a year now.

So the question here is if others have a situation like this and what is the solution. I dont want to sit all day and change tasks and assign work item by item which introduces alot more chaces for slips and errors.

2) Quickbooks integration has been a pain in the B__t. Is there an easier way? Maybe download/upload invoices?

3) Installation under the item is taxed and i cant change it even if i click it as not taxed it always charges a tax. seems like a bug.

#1: They know this is an issue, and they are NOT going to fix it. I have been asking for a change for over a year.

#2: What are you doing? I haven't had any issues on that end.

#3: You have to go into setup;estimate templates; find the item that you're using for installation; click on the little folder looking thing on the far right, click on edit at the top, uncheck taxable, save. Also, if you have it set as a product, click on setup;products(right side of the screen in blue);find the item; click on the little folder looking thing on the far right; click edit at the bottom; uncheck taxable; save.

armandolo

Yea, that's a serious issue. It's great if you have a whole bunch of customers with one or two items in order but nothing more.

any comments on V sign software??? They seem to have my no 1 concern. At least they claim they do. I don't have experience with it. Or any other software???

Need cloud/Internet based.

thanks

jrsc

I know it's not a real solution but you can change assignments right on the job board without going into the job. just sort by order number and all the jobs will be right next to each other. just go down the line and change them. don't hit ok until you change them all and it goes much quicker. we bulk update jobs this way all the time. would only take a few seconds to do 20.

Other that that I suggest you contact Rao directly about your concerns. If there's an actual bug they will probably fix it relatively fast. He will probably also show you their new shopvox product that will be ready in a month or so that is supposed to make everything much easier. I saw a brief demo and it looks like a huge improvement over signvox but I'm not sure how it handles your specific issues.

SignVOX

Merchant Member

#1 - So this is after you created the jobs, you want to bulk update jobs with some info like who is assigned to "production" stage or even things like bulk update due dates on >1 jobs. Am I right?
Because during the "Create Jobs" you can assign who does which stage of production. - Please clarify and I will look into it.
Also have you looked into the "Rollup" feature where you dont have to create 10-20 Jobs, but can create one job?

#2 - You can download one file and upload it into QB right? This is how it has been since the beginning. Yes you can download and upload invoices into QB - chat with support and they can show you this. Did you do the setup in signVOX to match your COA/Taxes etc., in QB?

#3 - Inside a template you cannot make any more individual items taxable/non-taxable - because QB and also as per the US taxes, if one item is non-taxable and one is taxable then they have to be in two different line items - they cannot be in one line item. Hence inside a template you cant make part of the rows (materials ) taxable and part of the rows - non-taxable. - Hope that clarifies.

SignVOX

Merchant Member
I know it's not a real solution but you can change assignments right on the job board without going into the job. just sort by order number and all the jobs will be right next to each other. just go down the line and change them. don't hit ok until you change them all and it goes much quicker. we bulk update jobs this way all the time. would only take a few seconds to do 20.

Other that that I suggest you contact Rao directly about your concerns. If there's an actual bug they will probably fix it relatively fast. He will probably also show you their new shopvox product that will be ready in a month or so that is supposed to make everything much easier. I saw a brief demo and it looks like a huge improvement over signvox but I'm not sure how it handles your specific issues.

Yes if you want to change on the job board itself , lot of stuff can be changed right on the job board without going into the job details page, like change who is it assigned to, due dates, also ability to add notes/tasks for jobs right from the job board itself (click the + icon on the right most column)

Also did you guys know now you can do "Quote Approval" just like proof approval, if you have not chat with support and ask them to enable this feature for you. Since this is a feature associated with $, we did not want to turn it on for all by default, so please try it out. It will help you tremendously to keep track of your quotes.

And lastly, did you get the new shopVOX Go app on itunes, it is free and it helps you with your site surveys, measurements etc., - it is free for any sign shop to use it, no need to have signVOX it works independent of signVOX or shopVOX. Here is the link. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shopvox-go/id890746453?mt=8

armandolo

#1 - So this is after you created the jobs, you want to bulk update jobs with some info like who is assigned to "production" stage or even things like bulk update due dates on >1 jobs. Am I right?
Because during the "Create Jobs" you can assign who does which stage of production. - Please clarify and I will look into it.
Also have you looked into the "Rollup" feature where you dont have to create 10-20 Jobs, but can create one job?

#2 - You can download one file and upload it into QB right? This is how it has been since the beginning. Yes you can download and upload invoices into QB - chat with support and they can show you this. Did you do the setup in signVOX to match your COA/Taxes etc., in QB?

#3 - Inside a template you cannot make any more individual items taxable/non-taxable - because QB and also as per the US taxes, if one item is non-taxable and one is taxable then they have to be in two different line items - they cannot be in one line item. Hence inside a template you cant make part of the rows (materials ) taxable and part of the rows - non-taxable. - Hope that clarifies.

1. Yes, exactly. Under setup, the software has an area where we set up the default production person. Lets call it Person AA. When I quote a job with multiple itmes (in my case a whole bunch of different signs (Exit, Exit Route, Exit Stair Down, NFPA, Door lock, Office num, etc) this can easily be 20+ lines. When the job is created, Person AA gets populated under production, Person AB gets populated under install. What if I want to give the entire order to Person B for production and Person C for install. I dont want to change 20+ items (which now is 40+ due to installer and production guy)

would love to hear about the rollup. Where do i find that?

SignVOX

Merchant Member
1. Yes, exactly. Under setup, the software has an area where we set up the default production person. Lets call it Person AA. When I quote a job with multiple itmes (in my case a whole bunch of different signs (Exit, Exit Route, Exit Stair Down, NFPA, Door lock, Office num, etc) this can easily be 20+ lines. When the job is created, Person AA gets populated under production, Person AB gets populated under install. What if I want to give the entire order to Person B for production and Person C for install. I dont want to change 20+ items (which now is 40+ due to installer and production guy)

would love to hear about the rollup. Where do i find that?

Ok got it, let me look into it and get back to you on this.

Rollup feature, there is a FAQ within the software search for "Rollup" in FAQ and the title is

Line Item Rollups (Combining multiple line items as one for end customer).