• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need some advice please

wrapman jamz

Hey Guy,
My recommendation would be to hold off and sub the work out.
I did it for the first year and saved enough to buy my first full-size printer and laminator.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Just to make it clear. I had actual experience with them. I did not own the things, just the monkey who ran them.

weaselboogie

There is more to the successful operation of a ColorCamm printer than buying a printer and clicking on the print button, just like there is more to successful computer graphic design than simply buying a computer and graphic design software.

I also had daily cussing experience with ours too.
I don't think you read too many of these responses. The machine is well built, but it's the process of HOW is prints is why this is Roland's lemon. This drags the print head across the vinyl, so any speck or lint could cause a drop out and scratch the print head. Other than that glaring red flag, it's a good machine.

The ribbons are expensive and at one point, I think YOUR cost was $10 sq ft. or more for a full color print.
Oh and Ribbon snapping. Forgot about that gem. So it grabs the magenta and prints your print... say 3' of vinyl. Goes back to the beginning and then grabs yellow. Prints on 3' of yellow, Goes back to the beginining and prints cyan. then goes back and grabs black. Prints 5" of black and snaps. Thats the standard routine. Have you ever held your breath through an entire print?

ONCE we printed 4' full color graphic. Once. And that took 3 attempts. These things are good for SMALL contour cut decals.

Form your own opinion, but what are the chances that everyone responded to this thread had a lemon?

vinylbarry

I purchased one for short run full color prints and full color decals contor cuts.
I also have had great succes with mine but it was serviced fully before I got it I also read up on it and clean the vinyl with alcohol before prints and also we clean the print head after ever use it has been a workhorse for us.
We also use it for cutting reg vinyl and what a great machine for that I just cut 25 foot of 5 rows of pinstriping for a body shop and it tracked perfect and cut it perfect 25 feet no cheap machine could do that for sure we have a sable that we use also for small runs but it would never ever ever track that long.

Jackpine

I will have to agree with Sign Works. I had a PNC600 and made a lot of money with it. If you use it for small decals and "added value" prints for signs it could serve you well. I had mine 4 years. The cost of printing is high. I printed straight from Corel 10 to the Roland Color Print rip in CMY mode mostly. This saved 25% ribbon cost and the results were very good. You would be foolish to try a run of bumper decals or a largish vehicle decal with the ColorCamm. I printed 3 decals larger than 22"x 18" in all the time I had mine. Dirt and dust is the enemy. With this said, there are a lot of used solvent printers at very good prices. PMG has Mutoh Falcon 36" for sale for and Taco has a SP300 here for sale. This might be a better way to go also.

Last edited: