• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need some advice

John362

Im not sure what to get for what i will use it for
it will mostly be used for small designs and lettering
dont ned anything over 15"
and my bunget is about $1000
what do u think?

Jackpine

Graphtec CE3000, or the CE5000, Mimaki 24" cutter is arount $1,200, or a Roland GX24 would be the ones I would be looking into. There is a used market in cutters and you can pick up a good one. Graphtec CE3000Mk2 were just replaced with the CE5000 (now has the same optics as the 7000 series). You should see if any dealers have one left and they will discount it.

Jackpine

i was also looking at a graphtec
what do u think?
You can't go wrong. GVGraphic and I have both one. They are servo driven and the cutting control is outstanding for the $$$. I paid $1,500 when I bought mine over a year ago.

John362

iv herd some things about the graphtecs having blade and other problems
is it a problem with them
i saw the 15 inch for $976, i would like to get that one

Jackpine

I have not had any problems with my CE3000. Two year parts and service and it is a 24" cutter. No blade problems and it is a tangental cutter. Check them out.

gvgraphics

I agree, if you can swing a bit more cash a 24" would be the way to go. I am talking from experience. We started with a 12" cutter just for some small graphics that we needed to do. With in a 2-3 month time frame we had to upgrade to a 24" cutter do to the sales we where making. We just upgraded a again to a Graphtec as JackPine stated and love it. I got mine in November for around $1200 shipped with the optional stand.

Sean

Jackpine

Yes, there is a cutting-add on for Corel and Illustrator. I recommend CorelX3 and a cutting program. But the one that comes with it will get you going.