• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some advise

conwaycopies

Hey folks, this is my first venture into routing so please excuse the noobness :) i have a customer who wants some figures (illustrations of athletes) printed and contour cut on something rigid like sintra, or even foamboard. is this something that can be done fairly easily? and what kind of cost would we be looking at? i don't even know of anyone who can do it so would anyone here be interested in doing some cutting? Thanks in advance. :peace!:

The trick is registration. When you squeegy the printed material onto the backing board, it stretches a bit so you need a router with a vision system to adjust the cut file to the stretched work. Krista at Penn Sign has such a machine.

dman0427

We have cut shapes, then applied the printed graphics to the shapes. The print just needs to be contour cut. It is a little bit of a pain, but do-able. As mentioned, the print can sometimes get stretched. But, taking that into consideration, you can make the routed shape a little larger to make up for it.

Pricing will vary.
Materials/Cutting time/Labor/ etc.
It all depends.
Sorry if this is vague.