• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Some Corel 9 Basics

RASelkirk

Hi All,

I'm trying to intersect (or combine) several objects and keep getting "object too complex" error messages. Is there a way to overcome this still and keep the "crispness" of the images?

Is there a way to make a default zoom greater than 400%?

Is there a way to "lock" the toolbars to keep them from moving around?

I used to have 5.0 and find that 9.0 is way less user friendly. :(

Thanks!

Russ

ChiknNutz

One thing you could try is to delete some of the nodes from an area that has an over-abundence of nodes. You can use the shape selection tool to window select a bunch of nodes and hit delete. It is a bit of trial and error, but that's what UNDO is for, right?! Normally, you can get away with a lot fewer nodes in some places.

I started with 9 so can't comment on differences. Just upgraded to 11 and it seems more stable on my system than 9.

Not sure about default zoom or locking the toolbars, though.

RASelkirk

Hi Chris,

I did find a way on the "zoom" levels. In "view manager" you can set and save custom zoom levels, BUT only for that document, not a "default" setting for all. I guess I'll build a template and use it for starting new drawings.

Your suggestion for deleting nodes was spot-on! After closer inspection, I found the CorelTRACE object to be quite "nodey" and was able to convert large straight sections to lines, simplify curves, and cut the node count by many magnitudes!

It's a pi$$er to scramble the toolbars with an unintentional double-click, sure wish that "feature" could be disabled.

Thanks!

Russ