• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some critique

qmr55

Whatya think? What needs to be changed? Which one do you like best? Haven't shown the client yet, wanted to get some opinions before I give him a call!

Thanks guys

Attachments

• signature_home_solutions.jpg
    signature_home_solutions.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 138
  • signature_home_solutions2.jpg
    signature_home_solutions2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 97
  • signature_home_solutions3.jpg
    signature_home_solutions3.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 95

John Butto

Did Clint Eastwood have that dwarf guy paint that house red? Clipart cartoon figure, you could do better than that. Sometime ago, about last year someone drew a beautiful house rendering for a construction/roofing firm logo, maybe SignManiac.

Circleville Signs

I agree - this is the shortcut way. A couple of thoughts.

Cartoony clipart guy - gotta to.

House is just THICK. Too much red, and red on red. The weird variations in color in the font are also off - not sure if that's an output issue or what.

qmr55

The client wants a "cartoony" look to it, but still wants the name to remain "elegant" with the script font. Make sense? LOL

How about this?

Attachments

• signature_home_solutions5.jpg
    signature_home_solutions5.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 89

Circleville Signs

If that's what the client wants, then you need to give it to them - minus the stock cartoons. This type of job SCREAMS for custom cartoon work. Talk to Deaton Designs here on the forum. He can help you out!

SignManiac

The client wants a "cartoony" look to it, but still wants the name to remain "elegant" with the script font. Make sense? LOL

How about this?

The client is an oxymoron. The two client dick tated directions clash. You can't really make cartoony work with classy elegance...

ChicagoGraphics

I hate 1 color work, try changing home solutions in black, there's way to much red in that logo, and the hammer is over powering

qmr55

Talked the client away from the cartoon and we stuck with a more classy look.

These are the next two that I'm showing him...

Attachments

• signature_home_solutions.jpg
    signature_home_solutions.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 104
  • signature_home_solutions2.jpg
    signature_home_solutions2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 104

GoodPeopleFlags

The stripes aren't "classy" to me. I typically don't like a script in an arc but that's not bad. I would take out the gray swoosh and rotate "Signature" counterclockwise a bit.

What font is that?

wildside

try a solid red, no fancy sparkles, barbwire, prizm effects...... solid red

loose the 80's swoosh, and definitely don't arch it, try some different fonts

Speedsterbeast

How about using the first font with a smaller house of a different colour or two?

Although your client is causing an offence to one of my two pet peeves:
-Using the word "Solution" or "Solutions" in their business name or slogan. I HATE THAT WORD!

-I think I'll start a new thread on peeves.

JD3

Why not make "Home Solutions" the primary focus instead of "Signature", since 'Signature' is non-distinctive in reference to the industry. Use an elegant font that isn't a script, and use a script "S" with a simple home icon as a "logo". Then add some very light sub-copy with a description of the business "Custom Built Homes" or "Builder & Home Improvement Contractor"

It would be more verbose but if proportioned properly can be done nicely and at least people would know what they do when they see it on business cards, trucks etc etc.

Jillbeans

First one, no cartoon.
Don't use clip art in a logo, draw your own or pay someone to do it.
Don't mess with that nice script with the weird arch thing.
I love Sarah Script as much as I love Chuck Borges but I think with a name like "signature" you might be better off using LHF Sophia or Stanford, or one of Signfonts.com's scripts.
Something looser more handwritten, even though I believe Sarah was done using conte crayons.
Love....Jill

SignManiac

Try working in black and white first. When it flows right then introduce color, keep it simple and develop that first before adding flash and bling.

These are rather simple, unrefined starting points, but that's what five minutes gets you.

Attachments

• signature.jpg
    signature.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 104

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Try working in black and white first. When it flows right then introduce color, keep it simple and develop that first before adding flash and bling.

These are rather simple, unrefined starting points, but that's what five minutes gets you.

Personally, I like that first one, but many clients will say.... is that an 'S' ?? It sure don't look like an 'S'. Are you sure that's an 'S' ?? Can we use a different 'S' ?? Causin' that don't look like no 'S' to me. Is that really an 'S' ?? :frustrated:

:wink: I've become callous to that questioning, but I've also stopped using certain letters in our alphabet associated with particular fonts which don't look traditional to many customers.

Marco

try simple font with home graphic. Dont know about the rest of you guys but I need a pic, not just a words.

Attachments

• signature.jpg
    signature.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 95